Sunday, February 12, 2012

a-POX-icillin

I took Kamden in to the Dr last week because he'd had a cold but had started complaining of his ear & throat hurting.
Since Kamden isn't really one to complain about that type of thing, I figured I'd better get him in to see the pediatrician. Turned out he had an ear infection so they put him on Amoxicillin, which he was supposed to take for 10 days. 
A week later, I was helping him change his shirt & discovered he was covered in little red bumps which hadn't been there the night before when I helped him with his bath. My first thought was that he had Chicken Pox, but then I remembered my brother is allergic to Amoxiciilin so I called my mom & told her what was going on. She said it sounded like the same thing so I called the Dr & they had me bring him in. Since he didn't have hives, they said it wasn't a technical allergic reaction and that he could still use the antibiotic in the future. His ears looked clear so we could stop the Amoxicillin and give him an allergy medication for the itch. 
Luckily my mom was in town & was able to help me out with the boys while I got Kamden checked out. He is doing much better & his a-POX-icillin spots are almost completely gone.

No comments: