Monday, February 13, 2012

Ice, Ice, Baby...

 Have I mentioned how glad we are to be living back here?
It means that we can do things like go on a triple-date with my two little brothers & their lovely wives!
This weekend we went to dinner & then ice skating, the entire evening cost each couple under $20 because I had coupons for the restaurant & the ice rink for buy one get one free!
Bargain!
 I left my phone in the car, & Erin was the only one who took any pictures. Thankfully she didn't get any of my embarrassingly hilarious fall...although I would like to have seen it.
The front of my skate caught on the ice & I fell forward, landing on my knee, hard. I have the bruise to prove it.
Then I sort of decided that I was done, so I did a chest-plant (instead of a face-plant) onto the ice and laid there while Charly tried not to pee her pants from laughing so hard.
Realizing that people were skating past me while I lay there, sprawled out on the ice, I figured it would probably be safest if I got out of their way. So I rolled over & managed to pick myself up...it was the only crash of the night for our little group.
  
& a BIG THANK YOU to Wade & Lauren for entertaining our little guys, they always love spending time with their awesome aunts & uncles!

1 comment:

charly said...

ha ha ha ha ha! oh man. i almost forgot about the fall! NOT!!!! oh it was so funny. it was fun holly! thanks for inviting us :)