On Friday Ethan received a Student Recognition Award for being Responsible.
Seeing as how I'm his mother, I'm sure I'm most likely a bit biased...but I tell you what, that kid earned it.
Despite being tripped & ending up in a mud puddle, then two days later being choked because he wouldn't give up his ball at recess...I'd say he deserves an award for more than that. But, when both of these things happened, he did the 'responsible' thing and found the duty teacher...and, despite my offers of karate classes or the option of me hiding in the bushes at recess, Ethan just laughed and told me how embarrassing it would be if I jumped out and kicked some kid's butt on the playground. He assured me that he can handle it. Even if not all of me wants to let him. I guess it's part of growing up and, in a way, it's good for him to know how to handle himself in situations like these. But I can't say that I'd punish him if he gave some kid a black eye that had his hands around my son's neck.
I'd probably take him out for ice cream.
Isn't that responsible of me?
Probably not, but that's why I have Ethan.
To teach me how to be responsible.
1 comment:
That's a pretty special, mature son. what a blessing in your lives he will be.
Post a Comment