So I'm not a football fan.
Not much of a sports' fan, if you must know.
But, if you know me, you already knew that.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional sporting event.
If it includes figure skating (which IS a sport) or if my kids are on the team. I also like watching some of the Olympic events, but those only happen every so often, there's enough time in between them so I can get excited about them again.
Track was the only sport I participated in during school, but that left me with a bum knee that likes to start aching every now & then. There was also my short stint on the 8th grade volleyball team & a sad attempt at 7th grade basketball tryouts which resulted in a broken wrist for me.
Maybe my personal experiences with sports contribute to my dislike for them?
But then I married a Stoker and I had to change my ways a bit.
Or maybe HE changed my ways.
Yep, that's probably more accurate.
Especially since I NEVER saw my dad sit down and watch a football game on tv, ever. Until I married him:
He changed my Dad's ways, too.
Because now he is a devoted football fan, especially if it's BSU.
So anyway, we like to have football parties and I AM SO THANKFUL that we don't live on that mountain anymore and we can actually have people over now.
But I'm also glad that last week was Super Bowl Sunday because that means that football season is over!
But I don't know why I get excited about that, because it's always someone's season, weather it is golf, basketball, baseball, or whatever. But that also means that there is always an excuse for a party! Here are some random pictures the boys took on my phone during the big game last week:
I know I have said this a bazillion times, but
I AM SO GRATEFUL to be living back here near our family.
It is so awesome and has really meant so much to us, especially to see how much each of our family members means to our boys.
The greatest blessing in life is FAMILY.
And, if football gives us another reason to get together with them, then bring it on!
No comments:
Post a Comment