Before I move on to Tuesday's events, I'd like to make an announcement...on Monday, August 8th, 2011 Owen George Stoker POOPED in the toilet! He notified me that he needed to go by telling me he was "stinky" only there wasn't a stinky in his diaper yet. I asked him if he wanted to go sit on the potty & he said yes, so we hurried to the bathroom where he completed his business. Hooray! Hopefully this is the begining of some progress.
I'm sure everyone who reads this is as thrilled as I am!
Now for the events of Tuesday...
I took the boys to the park in the morning before it got too hot & we met some friends there & played until lunch time. When we got home we discovered a poor little hummingbird was trying as hard as he could to fly through the dirty, gross window in the garage.
While he perched on some fencing I picked him up, hoping he didn't peck my eyes out.
Fortunatley things worked out nicely for both of us & he flew away, leaving my eyes intact.
We picked Jeff up at work & headed for Lewiston where we met some friends at the aquatic center. There is a little water park outside & Tuesday night is family night so it's only $10 per family from 6-8.
It was a fun little outing & the boys didn't want to leave, even though it was getting chilly.
Kamden on the slide
Jeff, Kamden, & Owen waiting for the waves to start
Here they come!
Owen spent a lot of time playing in the sand & dirt
Ethan in the endless river
Kamden in the endless river
Jeff & Owen floatin' by in the endless river
Then it was time for a quick stop by Home Depot for hobo spider traps & bug spray.
For the most part, it was a great way to spend the day!
3 comments:
HOORAY FOR OWIE!!!!! You guys have been having some great family fun! Love y'all
Concerning the comment above, when I just read it, it sounds like the POOPING THING is the great family fun-- that's not what I meant!
Good job, Owen. Hopefully it will be a new beginning for him but mostly for you. Looks like you are enjoying getting to know your area. Hope to come soon.
Post a Comment