Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday

Thanks to my great brother-in-law Wade, my mom & I were able to go have lunch at her Aunt's home in Boise without having to chase the boys around. He entertained them at his house while mom & I had a nice visit with my great-aunt Fran, my aunt Marlee, mom's cousin Karen, and Betty Joe.
I wished I'd taken my camera and gotten pictures of their cute home. When I was little I'd spend an entire week during the summer with Aunt Fran and Betty Joe going shopping, out to eat, playing outside, and even riding around in the golf cart while they played the course. Just walking up to the door brings back memories and I love all of the character their home has-from the rooster wallpaper to the ladybug magnets I remember playing with.
Betty Joe entertained us with a song on one of her 50+ harmonicas and even signed a copy of the book she wrote about detecting hearing impairments in children. We shared stories and memories from when I was little and Betty Joe even told me that I "used to be so cute" and she showed me a picture I'd drawn in first grade, way back in 1989, that she still keeps in her room.
I remember asking my teacher how to spell "I like school" but since the pictures were for a contest she told me I had to do it on my own. Lucky for me, I ended up winning the contest and my picture was printed up and displayed at local businesses. 22 years later, it's still on display at Aunt Fran & Betty Joe's house.
Me & my crazy brothers...I think I was in 1st grade or close to it.

1 comment:

charly said...

cute! i love that picture you drew. how cute is it that she keeps it up. :)