Saturday morning I slept until 10:00. I can't remember the last time I slept that late. I probably would have slept right through the bridal shower that began at 11:00 if my mother hadn't woken me up. It would've been just like a scene from my teenage years if not for my 2-year-old sleeping in the playpen beside my bed.
The bridal shower was so cute and looked just like a picture from a magazine. It was a tea party and everything was perfect, right down to the weather. It's a good thing I'd slept through breakfast because there was so much yummy food that I was glad my stomach was empty when I showed up. Cucumber sandwiches, roast beef on black bread cut into hearts, scones with orange butter and lemon curd...and don't even get me started on the dessert table. The bride-to-be is one of the girls I had in my Young Women's group way back when I was pregnant with Kamden. Her name is Rosalie and she's even prettier than her name, if you can imagine. She sings beautifully and looked so happy and in love it really made me miss Jeff even more. I think I called him about five times that day just to see what he was up to.
Owen was putting up a fuss back at mom's house, he is having major seperation anxiety issues that began way back in March when we put him down for a nap at my parents' home and took off for a week on a cruise to Mexico. He's been extra-clingy ever since and it's only gotten worse with Jeff going to Orofino four weeks before the boys and I, then the adjusting to our new home, and now we are staying at Grandma's and Daddy is nowhere to be found. Owen wanders the house saying "Daddy work. Daddy work." in his sad little voice and today he spotted our family picture on the piano and had a conversation with 'Daddy'. Poor kid is going to be scarred for life.
He was the only one awake this morning when I headed to church and there was no way I was getting out the door without him, so he sat with me through sacrament meeting. Halfway through the prayer he started working on pooping and farted loud enough that the people in front of us probably wondered what was going on. Then during the closing song he must have realized that nursery was next because he started pointing at the door and screaming "Go! GO!" and so we went.
And in a few days we will go 'home' to the mountain and hopefully Owen will realize that life will get back to normal. It's going to be a crazy-busy week and I'm sure it will go too quickly, although I am missing my hubby. Probably more than Owen does.

No comments:
Post a Comment