Friday, June 10, 2011

Mr.Bob's Belongings...

When Mr.Bob left for his new home in New Mexico, he didn't take many of his belongings with him. Here is a sampling of the items he so kindly left for us to enjoy:
I'm trying to figure out what in the world this animal is...it looks like a  squirrel with long rabbit ears...
This little guy came in handy since Kamden loves watching 'Zaboomafoo' and told me the day we moved that he wished he "had a lemur for a pet like Zaboo" so, this is Kamden's pet lemur, though I'm sure that's not what it actually is... 
Mr.Bob loves dogs. In fact, he had 4 of them that lived in the garage and Jeff had the time of his life cleaning that up. The floor was brown and covered with hair and it smelled less than plesant. Anyway, Mr.Bob took the dogs with him but he left his collection of German Sheperd memorabilia..
These two lovey dovey chipmunks adorne the kitchen wall...
And I stumbled across Mr.Bob's liquor cabinet while I was cleaning. We will save that for when I start to loose my mind up here in the boonies...
And this little guy was named Pisser. He is Mr.Bob's beloved dog that passed away. This is a hand painted portrait of Pisser. Mr.Bob said that his daughter once took this portrait to school for show and tell and the teacher was not happy about the dog's name. Mr.Bob is an ex-marine and he was not happy that the teacher got upset about the dog's name. He marched on down to the school and explained that Pisser's name was not a bad word, it was just the name of their beloved dog. You don't mess with Mr.Bob or the memory of Pisser.
Now these two lovely pieces are a bit confusing to Owen. Every time he sees them he points and says, "Look, Bampa." He thinks that they are pictures of his Grandpa and, back in the day, I wouldn't be surprised if my dad had been the subject of these pictures. The resemblance is undeniable...
Now, don't feel bad if you don't have awesome home decor like this. That is why I've posted these pictures on here so that any time you find yourself wishing for something as pleasing to look at as this collection, you can just come to our blog and gaze at the computer screen. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


3 comments:

Kay Jones said...

Are you renting or buying?

Hodges Family said...

Oh man that is Pricless! I am telling you I need a clock with a squirrel on it, mating chipmunks and a dog named Pisser and I will be set! That man does look like your dad. It is a tad scary! and I can't believe you got another dog! you are to funny!

charly said...

LOL!!!! i just LOVE all of them. wish i had that clock with the mystery animal, that's just awesome.