Thursday, February 11, 2010

1 sick kid+1 sick kid+1 sick kid=

1 sleepless night
2 exhausted parents
3 unhappy boys

It all started Sunday evening when Ethan began running a fever and got worse Monday with a cough and cold. I thought he was better and I was feeling pretty lucky that no one else had gotten sick...then yesterday Owen started coughing, followed by Ethan relapsing with a worse cough but no fever. Then Kamden decided he wanted in on the fun so he got a cough as well. He gagged on his mucus last night, threw up in his bed, which resulted in him sleeping in our bed along with Owen who couldn't seem to relax enough to sleep very well.
Ethan is pretty bummed-today is the Valentine party at preschool and we spent yesterday morning making Valentines and he got all excited...but we will just have to have a Valentine party of our own-if any of us can stay awake for one. In the meantime-I am taking my vitamins and doing my best not to get sick so that I can have the energy to take care of them. I once read a book that told about a mom that would put all of her kids together in the same bed whenever one of them got sick so that all of them would get sick at the same time...I can't decide if I would rather have it all at once and get it over and done with, or have one sick at a time but have it drag out. I guess I will ponder this today while I am getting liquids down them along with cough medicine and vitamins, reminding them to cover their mouths, wash their hands, and trying to get them to rest. Little boys don't like to slow down for much, especially not to rest-no matter how tired their mother is!

4 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Definatly no fun at all! you should lock them all in a room together and go take a nap. or you could just drug them all at the same time hope they sleep so you can! Good luck we will drop valentines off maybe that will help ethan not be so sad!

Mary T. said...

Oh NOT Fun!! So SORRY!! Hope you don't catch it and your boys feel better SOOOOOON!!! :)

Definitely take a NAP today----YOU DESERVE ONE!!!!

The Kelly Variety said...

Ethan was missed. I have all his Valentines, we'll drop them by some time. I hope you all feel better soon:(

charly said...

Oh MAN! that sucks! I am sorry! dont get sick!