Tuesday, February 9, 2010

On My Mind...

The other night I read this: "...for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me." (Alma 28:3) And in church on Sunday, someone referenced President Hinckley's quote to"Try a little harder to be a little better."And I started feeling like I need to do better on both of those things. I need to be more aware of the blessings I've been given & do my best to better myself. I keep thinking of the people in Haiti & the things they must be going through & the simple neccessities they are doing without-things I take for granted every day. Like when Ethan was running a fever Sunday night & all day yesterday...I'm thankful for medicine that is readily available to help me care for my children. I'm grateful that my family is healthy & that we are together.
Jeff's cousin is visiting Thailand (you can read all about it here) & she talked about doing her laundry in a tub. This made me think about my attitude toward laundry...how it NEVER ENDS. But at least I have a washer & dryer to make it easier on me, but their everyday life consists of washing their clothes by hand.
I'm grateful, especially in this economy, that my husband has a job & can provide for us. I'm thankful that our needs are met & that I'm able to be home with our children. We are so blessed. Especially when I read about other people's struggles like Stephanie, Sara, & Natalie-this makes me so much more thankful that we are in good health & that we are together.

Other things on my mind that aren't quite so deep:
At this very moment, Ethan & Kamden are sitting on the couch together. Ethan is reading "Five Green & Speckled Frogs" to his little brother. It is just like the song & Kamden is joining in on the parts that he knows. They have also been really into "Three Billy Goats Gruff" & when I read it to them they will say the goats' parts in their little, MIDDLE, & BIG Billy Goat voices. Kamden also gets scared of the Troll hiding under the bridge.

The boys made these "Valentine Monsters"...they are going to set them out on the 13th, then when they wake up on Valentine's Day they will look in their monster's mouth for treats & goodies. They are pretty excited about Valentine's Day!

We have been playing Hide & Go Seek a lot...still waiting for the weather to warm up...so this helps keep the boys entertained & get some energy out. On Saturday I had the BEST hiding spot & it took Jeff & the boys FOREVER to find me. I was pretty proud of myself. Kamden, however, wasn't so hard to find...

He figures if he can't see us, we can't see him.

5 comments:

Joe, Becky, Logan(Fox) and Trigger Green said...

I think you are awesome! I love reading your posts and your family is adorable.

charly said...

Cute Monsters!

Mary T. said...

I love your monsters!! You are soooo CREATIVE!! Thanks for the reminder--I soooo much needed your deep thoughts!! :)

Oh yeah--hide n seek is the BEST ever isn't it!! I love Kamden--that is hilarious!!

Kalia said...

you're such a great mommy! Love the pics, great monster idea!

Hodges Family said...

Your so good to make valentine monsters!~ I definatly have been thinking about being grateful what I have more lately to. So time out for women is coming to boise in novemember and we should go it was really awesome!