Saturday, September 26, 2009

I Have A Blister On My Heel...

...but I got to see Jared, the Subway Guy, and Carolyn Holly, a local news anchor.

This morning I woke up long before anyone should ever have to and got myself ready to do the Women's Fitness Celebration 5K. There's a group of ladies that do this every year so I signed up for their team-Buck's Beauties, led by the fearless Ida Buck. She enticed us out of bed in the wee hours of the morning with the promise of muffins and juice at her house where we met as a team, picked up our shirts and race numbers, then headed out for the festivities.


Along the way there were volunteers handing out water and roadside bagpipers!

We made it!

Yesterday we took the kids over to the Women's show-basically a lot of sponsors and vendors-and the boys got to sit in this race car and even write their names on it! They were pretty excited to meet a real race car driver and hung their autographed pictures on their bedroom wall.


5 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Thanks for doing the Walk with us! It wouldn't have been fun without you!

Kalia said...

Cool! That looked fun!!

Becca said...

Is Subway's Jared from Idaho or why was he there?

The Kelly Variety said...

Just a blister, that isn't too bad for a 5K! I could get blisters just thinking about it at this point in my life! Good Job, Way to Go!!!

Unknown said...

What a coincidence! I've known Ida Buck almost my entire life! She used to live in Laramie, they were friends with my parents, I used to take piano from her she taught us in jr. high choir. Tell her hi from Megan Whipple!

And by the way, way to go on doing a 5k after you just had a baby!