Wednesday, January 7, 2009
2008 Recap
Since 2008 seemed to go as fast as it came, I looked through our pictures and found the ones that best captured the last year of what went on with our little family. Jeff and I were able to take trips to Seattle, Denver, and Las Vegas and we were also able to be with his older brother and his family in Bountiful, Utah as they were sealed. Another favorite memory from 2008 was being able to take Ethan and Kamden through the Twin Falls temple open house. We also visited my sister and her family twice last year (yes, Kristen, I'll try to do better in 2009!) I was able to reconnect with a good friend from High School and we also made some great new friends who we are very thankful for! We also found out our little family is continuing to grow and we're all excited to meet our new addition in July 2009.
I think my most favorite memories are just the little, every-day occurances like pictures of the boys in the garden, playing in the backyard on lazy summer days, walks and bikerides...just the small moments that make up our lives. The pictures really made me miss the sunny weather! (And they made me realize how much the boys have grown-especially Kamden!)
We made lots of trips to visit Jeff's family, though I don't think we'll ever make enough trips to satisfy Ethan. He just loves going to see his cousins and keeps asking when he gets to play in Great-Grandma Hurst's ditch again!
We went to the zoo about 4 or 5 times this year, I lost track but the boys loved it each time and it was fun watching them run around being kids and seeing all of the new animals.
Several projects around the house were completed in 2008 and what a blessing to be able to cross more off of our To-Do List! (Though it seems like once you cross something off, three more projects get added to it) Jeff has done such a great job on all of the work he's done from installing a stair railing to replacing the ancient porches and we can't tell those who've helped us how grateful we are!
One of my favorite days in 2008 was the 4th of July, it was just a really fun, relaxing day and you can read more about it here.
We gained a new sister-in-law on Jeff's side in 2008 and my youngest brother got engaged so we're excited to add another sister to our family in the coming year. Besides a wedding and the birth of our 3rd child, we are also looking forward to a visit from my brother and his family who live out East and we haven't seen them in 2 years, we can't wait!
Our lives are so blessed, I've really been mindful of that lately. How no matter what comes our way we always seem to get through it and everything works out. It's funny how the things we stress and worry about the most usually turn out not to matter as much as we'd thought they would. I'm not one for doing New Years Resolutions because I don't even make it through January with them, but I hope this year I can be more grateful and appreciative than I was last year and try to always be mindful of how blessed I truly am.
So have a happy, safe, and grateful 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thanks for letting Kamden play! Hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment