Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

We started off our day with a trip to the Zoo and a picnic lunch. The first animal we saw was a Snow Leopard and Kamden stood right up against the glass watching it. When the leopard noticed Kamden, it went straight toward him and jumped up right next to where he was standing. Even thought I knew the glass was there, it still freaked me out knowing that a wild animal thought my little boy could possibly be his dinner!
Ethan had a great time helping Kamden see all of the animals but he was most concerned about the animals that were alone because he wanted to know where their family was. I wasn't quite sure how to answer that so I told him their family must be in another zoo. He said that they were probably just inside sleeping and we couldn't see them right then.


We walked through a Rose Garden at the park next to the zoo before getting our car. We drove to another park that was closer to where the fireworks would be set off later that night and found a parking space.











We watched the boys run around the playground for awhile and then we waded in the river to cool off before walking to the parade route.


The parade was pretty good and the boys enjoyed it, Kamden fell asleep in the stroller while we were walking there but he woke up just before it started. They each got a little flag and waved them around pretty much the entire time and waved at every float that passed. We walked to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner where Kamden got as much or more spaghetti on the table as he did in his mouth. Then it was back to the park where we met Wade, Lauren, and Luis to watch the fireworks. Ethan really liked the fireworks and after it was over he kept asking to see more. Kamden, on the other hand, was really scared and cried during the begining. I held him while covering his ears and he clung to me with his death-grip. Pretty soon he was enjoying himself and clapping as they went off.


It was a fun day and really nice to spend time together as a family, I think the best part was just watching the boys have so much fun. I hope everyone had a happy and safe Fourth!

6 comments:

Hodges Family said...

It sounds Like you guys had a lot of fun I think you did alot of things in one day you guys are go getters!

Ashley Reno said...

Holly-
Yes, those frames are just Mod Podged. They were actually really easy and inexpensive. The frames were only $3 at a craft store here in Pocatello. Your family is so cute. Adam wanted a boy but he is now glad that he has a little girl. She is a total daddy's girl. I love those pillowcase dresses. If I had a sewing machine I would be making some. I may have to go borrow Aleisha's. :)

TeamBennett said...

Hi Holly! Of course I remember you! You have a beautiful family! How are you doing? Where are you at these days? It looks like our oldest are the same age. Peter was born 12-11-04. Keep in touch!!

Hodges Family said...

yeah i hope your not the exfoliator

Di Cluff said...

Now that is the way to celebrate our nations birthday! You Stoker's are a fun family.
We worked in our yard and installed a misting system on our patio. You are officially invited to come on a hot day(or any day), the boys can swim in the kiddie pool and we can sit on the cool patio sipping cold lemonaid.
My mom has a friend who makes pillowcase dresses and sells them. They are way cute. However Evelyn wants a "Seeping Booty Dwess" for her birthday, I'd best be off for Disneyland:)

Lindz_e said...

Looks like you had a really fun day! Did the boys stay happy all day long?