Thursday, November 13, 2008

How do you know when it's time for potty training?

A. Your child poops in the bathtub twice in 3 days
B. He develops a habit of taking his diaper off every chance he gets
C. He takes his diaper off without you knowing AND he has a messy diaper. Before you realize what he's doing, he has sat on your mom's living room carpet and has poo smeared all over his legs
D. All of the above

If you chose 'D' then you are unfortunalty correct.
Welcome to my life.

I should have known what kind of day it was going to be when Kamden woke me up at 5:30 this morning. The boys and I went visiting teaching this morning, ran a few errands, and I was really looking forward to naptime.
Ethan didn't take a nap but he had quiet time in his room while I started on dinner. He came downstairs and was helping me in the kitchen when we heard Kamden knocking on his bedroom door upstairs, wanting out from his nap. Ethan ran upstairs and I soon heard him telling Kamden to hold onto the handrail while walking down the stairs.
Then I heard "EW! GROSS! Mom, come here, hurry!"

I'll leave everything to the imagination but there was Kamden with only his shirt and socks on, but covered, COVERED in poo.
I lifted Kamden up and held him out as far as I could while hurrying to the bathroom and put him in the shower. Then I went into his room.
All I will say about that is there was his diaper on the floor, clean as if it had just come out of the box. His pillow had to be thrown away, the bed stripped down, and I won't go into detail about what was smeared all over the back of his bedroom door but it wasn't pretty. Thank goodness for disinfecting cleaning sprays.

Deffinatley time for potty training.

5 comments:

dianeb said...

OOOOOH Holly - I am sooooo sorry. I feel for you!!!! What a mess!!! ick!

a harper girl said...

Oh man, I'm going through that right now but luckily I've caught her before there was any real damage. Actually though while I was in the shower and Ryan was watching her, she took her poo diaper off and began to paint the walls. Ryan had to clean that one! SO I know just how you feel and have begun the potty training process my self. Good Luck!!

Hodges Family said...

oh my I am so sorry I don't know what I would do probably just start barfing! I think potty training is calling his name!

Andrea said...

I feel for you! Good luck with the potty training!

Kalia said...

Holy Crap!!! Literally, huh? Yeah, I'd shoot for potty training, at least if he pooped in undies, it is somewhat contained! I think I would have bawled!