Sunday, November 9, 2008

HaPpY BiRtHdaY KAmDeN!

Kamden turns 2 tomorrow, it seems like I just posted about his first birthday, how can he be 2?!
We had a birthday party for him on Saturday at our house with family but Kamden decided to take a nap half an hour before it was supposed to start. I woke him up after everyone was already here and eating dinner and it took awhile for him to liven up and realize the night was all about him. The balloons were the best additon to the party-a cheap way to entertain kids for hours! As we were blowing up the balloons and Ethan was running through them and tossing them through the air he told me "This is the best birthday EVER mom!" And, a day later, those balloons are still holding their attention.
After we sang Happy Birthday to him, Kamden pointed to the lit candles and said 'Hot, hot' and I didn't think he'd try to blow them out but Ethan hopped right up there and together they got the job done.
Then it was time to open gifts and Kamden went crazy. I don't think he could focus long enough to find out what was in the bag, he just wanted to play with everything all at once and discovered he didn't have enough hands to hold all of the toys at the same time. It was pretty funny and I ended up opening most of the gifts for him. Thanks to everyone for coming to celebrate with us!
Today we met Jeff's parents over at Wade and Lauren's and had dinner with leftover cake and ice cream from the party. They brought Kamden a great little airport with a helicopter, airplane, and motorcycle. He's really been into airplanes ever since we went to that airshow a few weeks back, so he's really excited.
Well, we're halfway done with our family's birthday parties for 2008. Jeff and Kamden down and Ethan and I in December. I'm thinking we might just have to do a combined party in 2009!

10 comments:

Dana Williams said...

CUTE!

Kalia said...

Love the cake/cupcakes, looks like he had a ball!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blogspot. I love watching your family grow up. Some of my kids have 'spots', but I'm not nearly clever enough to do it. However, I really do enjoy yours and check in often.
Love ya - Aunt Kay

dianeb said...

Holly - the cake and cupcakes are SOOOO cute - I don't know if I could let people eat them - they are too cute to look at.
We are attempting a Barney cake for Jason tomorrow. He is crazy about the Barney movies we have - the older kids are NOT. I remind them that we only have them because -they once liked Barney,too!

a harper girl said...

HAPPY B-Day Kamden. It looks like the party was a big hit with him! The cake and cupcakes are ADORABLE! I'm gonna have to do something like that for Lexi's b-day.

Keri Hibbard said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!

Ashley Reno said...

I love the cake and cupcake idea. Brynlee's birthday is this weekend and I am going to try making the cake-if it does not turn out I am lucky there is a Costco down the street. :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute cake!!! and cupcakes!!!Good job!!! Cute boys!!! Happy Birthday to everyone!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Holly I am SO impressed with you cake/cupcakes. You did a great job! Kamden looks so adorable. What a fun party. :)

shannon said...

I second what everyone else said...I need you to teach me how you make such cute food and where you come up with the ideas.