Friday, November 14, 2008

The New 'Do


I chopped my hair off! Well, I didn't do it, Callie did, but still. I've been growing it out for quite awhile now, ever since the tramatizing haircut I received at a local salon about 2 1/2 years ago. It was one of those haircuts where you go in with a picture but the lady just keeps hacking and chopping and you really know you're in trouble when you hear the hum of the clippers and the cold steel against your neck. On top of that, I was 5 months pregnant and overly emotional so you can imagine what it was like for me to see my hair that had just moments ago been past my shoulders now cropped close to my scalp. I looked like a dude.
I cried and told my husband I couldn't go out in public for several months and vowed that I would never again step foot into that salon. And I haven't.
That's been quite awhile and since then I found someone to cut my hair that did a great job but I let myself get busy raising kids, remodeling the house, and just life in general. Then I met Callie.
And today she chopped my hair off.

Cute, huh?

7 comments:

Ammie said...

Love your new hair cut...super cute! My hair dresser which is a close friend wants me to see how long my hair will get while Im prego. Then around the end of Feb I am going to get it chopped and highlighted. Looking forward to it:)

Andrea said...

Very Cute! I LOVE it!

dianeb said...

Cute Holly, I like it!!! - but then I've always thought it is cute no matter how long or short - you're just too cute!!!

Dana Williams said...

Your hair is always cute. Another cute Holly hair-do.

shannon said...

Looks really good. You could shave your head bald and you'd still look good though...although I can sympathize with the bad salon...I got a mulett once. You didn't happen to be at a salon on Eagle and McMillan(I think)?

Lindz_e said...

I love it =)

Kalia said...

Cute!