Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hubby Tag

Sandi tagged me for this one:

Where did you first meet your husband?
I'd been playing volleyball at the church with some rooommates and afterwards we decided to walk over to the apartment of the guy I'd been seeing. When we got to the apartment complex where he lived, one of my roommates saw a guy from our ward so we stopped to say hi. He was over visiting some High School friends and one of them turned out to be my future husband.
What was the first thing you said to your husband?
I introduced myself to his roommate and then to him and probably said something like "Hi, I'm Holly" then he said his name was Jeff and I told him I'd remember that because that was my younger brother's name.
Where was your first date?
He took me to the Professional Bull Riding and out to dinner with a group of his friends and their dates. Afterwards we went on a walk at the train depot.
Where was your first kiss?
At his friends' apartment.
Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Short! We met at the end of April, were engaged by August and married in November. So we'd only known each other 7 months by the time we were married.
Where did you get engaged?
He proposed to me at my apartment. I knew it was coming because we'd already gone to look at rings and it would be 6 weeks before the order came in. He surprised me by proposing with a substitute ring and then he proposed again when the real ring got here by sending me on a little scavenger hunt and a picnic at the train depot.
Where did you get married?
Logan, Utah. It was a beautiful but cold day!
How did the reception go?
Good, we'd been on our honeymoon for a week and still felt like we were on a cruise ship, swaying as we stood in the receiving line. But it was a fun evening and everything looked so beautiful, my mom did an amazing job of decorating, and it was nice to be surrounded by family and friends who were so happy for us.
How was the honeymoon?
We got to go on a cruise to Mexico, it was great and I'd recommend going on a cruise to anyone! We left the day after our wedding and had our receptions when we got home. We were married the Friday before Thanksgiving and we got home late Thanksgiving night so we went without the traditional feast and when we got to our apartment we remembered that the fridge and cupboards were empty because we hadn't moved in yet. Jeff, being the noble husband he is, set out to find dinner. Our Thanksgiving feast consisted of sandwiches from the Maverik down the street and I can't remember what else.

Now I tag CALLIE, AMBER, SHANNON, KALIA, SIERRA, LAUREN, MINDY, KERI, DEANNA, AMMIE, DANA, DIANE.

The hubby and I are going to Vegas next month to celebrate 5 YEARS OF MARITAL BLISS! I can't believe it's been that long already. Have you been there? Any recommendations on where to stay, what to do, etc.? I can't wait!

7 comments:

Hodges Family said...

I have lots of suggestions for vegas and my sister in law lives there so I can ask for more!

Kalia said...

Cool, it was fun to hear your story, and good luck in Vegas! You guys plan a lot of exciting things to do! I can't give you any tips on Vegas, but have fun!

Anonymous said...

Your anniversary is coming up - congrats on 5 years! We would drive through Vegas alot to see my parents but haven't stayed since our honeymoon. :( The temple is beautiful...

Anonymous said...

P.S. Thanks for playing tag!

Walker family said...

Such fun things to get to know about you guys! Congrats on 5 years...it really does go by fast!

brianandsierra said...

dirty dirty town! you will be corrupted when you go there. but if you win the jackpot i will probably allow you to share with me!!! :)the paris hotel was pretty awesome, so that would be recommendation.

brianandsierra said...

Well Holly since you tagged me and all...I'm forced to write more lovey dovey stuff about me and Brian...and I would hate for you to throw up...but you asked for it!
haha...
And about vegas...I really liked the paris hotel...gorgeous!