Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Home Canning


Callie and I spent the afternoon making salsa and canning it.

Our 3 kids decided not to take naps during the process.

I don't think I'll ever can anything again in my life.

6 comments:

Kalia said...

You know, I've been wishing I had a garden so I could can. Never thought about the whole kid thing, that must have been hard. Silas didn't sleep much while I decorated Atley's cake yesterday and it was hard. You'll have to make a family reunion weekend out of it next time and have all the guys outside with the kids, and all the girls inside canning! Good luck!

Walker family said...

Great job! Canning is always torcher but when you have it later is so sweet! Just a funny side note on our K/Camden's...there is a Camden NJ (just across the river from us)that is NOT such a nice place. If I had known, I would have spelled our Camden like yours!

Dana Williams said...

How did the women of olden time do it? I can barely handle my two kids. I really wonder what their tricks were for getting through the canning process. My coping mechanism would be starvation.

Hodges Family said...

I to am never canning again it was way to much work! And the Salsa Doesn't Even look appealing to Eat!

Holly said...

I think it looks better today than it did when it first came out of the cooker. I was a little scared! We'll still let our husbands be the testers, though. :)

dianeb said...

good job! it will be worth it! it looks so yummy! how about posting your recipe? i've been using the same salsa recipe for four years and would love to try something new!