Sunday, August 24, 2008

Daily Dose Of Random

First of all, where did August go? A week from tomorrow is Labor Day and I'm already looking forward to Fall when the leaves change, the air is crisp, and the holiday season begins. Does it mean I'm crazy that I'm already starting to think of Christmas? How can I help it when the stores are already busting out the holiday decor and winter coats? I'm restraining myself better this year though, I haven't purchased any gifts yet and, like I said, it's nearly September.:)

Tomorrow is Ethan's first day of Preschool and boy, is he excited. Last school year he would see the bus drop off the neighbor kids and he'd ask when he would get to ride the school bus. Whenever we would drive past the elementary schools he would want to know when he would be big enough to go, too. He still has two years left until he'll be old enough for Kindergarten so I can take some comfort in that, I'm already feeling emotional about dropping him off tomorrow. But he's ready, he enjoys being with other kids and plays really well in groups. I'm excited for him, I know he'll have a great time and it's only 3 hours a day, 4 days a week but I'm still having a bit of a complex about having a child old enough for preschool.

And this is totally random, but I was wondering the other day-they make kids' shampoo "tear-free" so why isn't all shampoo made that way? Just because we're older doesn't mean we enjoy the sting of shampoo in our eyes any more than we would have when we were kids.

I've decided that our goal for September is to have Kamden off the bottle. He'll be 2 in November and at his 1-year check-up was when our pediatrician suggested we stop because the longer he gets a bottle, the harder it's going to be. Well, that was a good 9 months ago so I guess I've just made it that much harder. Not that I haven't made honest attempts but sleep is important to me. So be forewarned-I might be grouchy until we have successfully phased out the bottle.

How crazy were the Olympics and can you believe it's already been 2 weeks and they're over? That was insane watching Micheal Phelps win his 8 gold medals, I kept thinking about how I was watcing history being made and that this was going to be remembered forever. I don't think another summer Olympics will ever take place that his name won't be mentioned or another athlete will be compared to him. Also, it drove me crazy how there were suspicions about the ages of some of the Chinese Olympians and the gymnastics scoring. I can't wait to see what happens with all of that speculation.

I am really missing LOST and The Office, I can't wait for them to start up again. I keep watcing my favorite scenes on YouTube for my fix.

Well, that's enough randomness for one evening. Hopefully I don't have a long bottle-less and sleepless night ahead of me!

3 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Well good luck with the bottle thing someone gave me the advice to start by watering it down and then eventually he won't even want it but I don't know if that will work but I have been trying with elisa and she won't eat as much at night anymore. You can come cry to me tomorrow if you are sad after dropping Ethan off I understand that it can be hard it was like leaving Elisa for the first time over night I cryed the whole way to IDaho from Provo!

shannon said...

I can't believe our kids are old enough for preschool...Kynadi starts in two weeks. It doesn't seem like it's been that long since they were born.

The shampoo thought was random, but I definately agree!!!

Oh and let me know how the bottle goes, I just got that talk at Brooklyn's last appointment. I like sleep too much too..no intentions of trying with her anytime soon..though I probably should.

a harper girl said...

I'm wanting to get Lexi off the bottle also, for sure before she turns two. I'm new at this thing so I don't even know where to begin. She usually only wants the bottle for naps and at night. Yikes, I'll be feeling your pain too!