Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Coburn Family


Just a quick post. I learned Sunday about the tragic accident that took the life of a father and his two young daughters. The other daughter who was in the car is in critical condition. The accident occured on Saturday, the mother and baby were at home. I did not know the family personally and I cannot begin to imagine the suffering the wife and mother is going through as she has lost her husband, two of her four children, and a third daughter is fighting for her life. My friend Di Cluff was blessed to know this family and call them friends and to learn more about the Coburns, click here. Di has set up a fund for the family and there are more details at her blog. You can make a donation at any US Bank to the Coburn Family Benefit Fund. Please contribute anything you can, David recently started a new job and there is no insurance as well as three funerals to pay for. Our little community has suffered greatly in the last year and this recent accident occured in the same vacinity where five students lost their lives in 2007. As I said, I didn't know this family but I am brought to tears at the thought of the trial they are faced with. Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Callie Hodges said...
When I heard about this Yesterday at church I was so sad. I cannot imagine what this mother is going through it breaks my heart. Hope you had a good day sorry we couldn't go to the green house it would have been to get out of the house. How is Kamden feeling I hope better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Callie Hodges said...
Don't you even worry about the Hamburgers. Actually I don't mind eating one occasionally. Your lunch was delicious. Also what recipe is the pie you made because it is so yummy and I want to make it for my parents on thursday night. Costa Vida is always on my list anytime you want to go over.

Di Cluff said...

Holly, thanks for spreading the word. If anyone reading your blog would like to do something there has been a benefit fund set up where anyone can deposit any amount at any US BANK to the account of: Coburn Family Benefit Fund.
Prayers are also accepted.