On Friday morning the boys and I walked to the park with Callie and Elisa. It wasn't even noon and the day was hot. Ethan ran around a bit but Kamden didn't want to do anything except have me hold him, which was weird because he hasn't been a very cuddly baby. I figured it was just the heat and the fact that he hadn't slept very good the night before, so when we got back to the house I dug the kiddie pool and the Slip 'n Slide out of the storeroom but Ethan was the only one who wanted to play. Kamden just moped around and I got him a bottle and laid him down in his crib. He fell right alseep and I had to wake him up nearly 5 hours later when we were getting ready to go to dinner with Brody and Callie. We ate at my new favorite place, Costa Vida. I had never been until I went with Callie last week and it was so good, I had to take Jeff. If you go, you deffinatley need to try their sweet pork. I can't stop thinking about it!
We met Wade before dinner and he took the boys so they could go eat with Grandma and Grandpa Stoker who were passing through on their way back from Washington. Jeff and I met up with them after finishing our meal. Kamden just sat in his little high chair at the restaurant and stared off into space, hardly touching his food which really isn't like him. By the time we got out to the parking lot, Kamden threw up and has been sick ever since.
Yesterday he was miserable and took two naps and when he wasn't sleeping he was going around acting like a little zombie, just wanting to lay on the couch or be held. He started to perk up a little around dinner time and ate some but that didn't stay down very long and I ended up covered in what I'll leave to your imagination. He was restless all night and I slept in the guestbed with him, though it's hard to sleep with feet jammed in your side. That was the first time I've really been up pretty much all night with a sick child and it's not fun. I felt so bad for him, he just looked miserable and there was nothing I could do besides hold him and get him juice and medicine.
He seems to be feeling a bit better this morning and has had breakfast. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays down because we're going to run out of carpet cleaner soon!
Besides a sick baby, our weekend consisted of more yardwork and other projects. Jeff and Ethan spread some of the new gravel in the driveway on Friday and Brody helped with the rest Saturday afternoon. He and Callie stayed for lunch and the Elders came for a barbeque. I worked on wedding announcements for awhile and put together some graduation gifts. I can't beleive my niece is graduating this weekend, it's unreal to me that she can be seventeen already!
Jeff took Ethan to church this morning and Ethan was supposed to say the opening prayer in Primary. Jeff was there to help him but Ethan got up in front and started crying so Jeff had to take him out. I'm not sure what to do about getting Ethan to go to Primary, he cries every week and it's all I can do not to go get him. He was doing so great in Nursery but he still hasn't adjusted to Sunbeams.
This week is going to be busy, busy, busy and we have family coming this weekend for Kylie's graduation. I'll try not to go M.I.A. this week and keep up with blogging!


2 comments:
Holly, I am so sorry that Kamden is still sick poor little guy that is no fun. Don't you worry I have lots of carpet cleaner so you can just come borrow some anytime. When I was the sunbeam teacher I found that as soon as the kids were occupied they were just fine. hope you have a good sunday.
I am sorry about Kamden. It is never fun when a kid is sick. I hope he gets feeling better soon. We have been enjoying water fun also this weekend. The kids love it!
Post a Comment