This past week has been busy and full. Last Monday we planted our very first garden complete with strawberries, corn, potatoes, onions, peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelon, cantelope, and pumpkins. It hasn't even been a week but I quickly learned that gardens are a lot of work! I'm excited for the fruits and vegetables that will come from it and I'm looking forward to making salsa using vegetables that I grew myself.
You might be wondering why we planted a garden when we've been planning on putting the house up for sale next month. Well, that decision is still up in the air and, in this market, it looks like we'll probably decide to stay for awhile longer. Despite the challenges of remodeling and all of my complaining about it...I'll admit I do love this house. There are a lot of memories here but we've put our blood, sweat, and tears into this gigantic project and I don't think either Jeff or I are quite ready to let it go just yet. We'll keep you posted on that decision.
Our little garden has it's own resident frog whom we have affectionatley named 'Bob' upon Ethan's suggestion. I haven't seen Bob for a few days, but I wasn't particularly fond of him the first time we met when he hopped out from under one of the railroad ties that is around the border of our garden. I was sitting there when Bob jumped out right by my foot and scared me half to death. In the pictures I'm holding him up but I wouldn't have touched him if I hadn't had gloves on. The boys chased him around the yard a little bit but neither one of them seemed very fond of him, either. But as long as he eats the mosquitoes, Bob is welcome in our yard anytime.
The rest of the week is kind of a blur. Ethan's little legs have been getting too long for his tricycle and everytime he'd pedal, his poor knees just about hit the handlebars. A new bike was in order, especially after I backed up over his trike a week and a half ago. I crunched one of the rear wheels and have been looking online to see if I can find a replacement so Kamden can use the trike but haven't had any luck.
Ethan loves his new bike and the first thing I hear in the morning is "Mom, I'm ready to go on a walk to the park so I can ride my bike." The weather hasn't been in our favor latley and walks have been scarce. This hasn't gone over well with Ethan and he's been riding his bike inside and standing watch at the window, waiting for the wind to go away.
Target was having a really good sale on bedding and I picked up some sheets and a comforter for Ethan. He's gotten a little spoiled this week and has enjoyed taking his aunts, uncles, cousins, and just about everyone that comes over, up to see his 'basketball bed'.
Kamden is cutting a few more teeth and he is talking nonstop. I can't understand much of what he says but he repeats things and I wonder what he's trying to say. He is quick to say "Don't!" (especially to Ethan) when things aren't going his way. He asks "What's that?" about everything and has a curious little mind. He weighs nearly as much as his older brother and one of his favorite things to do is eat. Today when Jeff picked him up from Nursery they told him that Kamden ate crackers all day. No wonder he was so happy after church!
Some of my big accomplishments this week were: I finished staining the banister with the help of Ethan. He had his own little paintbrush and he can point out the spindles that he helped to stain. I am happy to say that I finished Brian and Sierra's wedding announcments this week and they came over on Thursday to stuff envelopes. I really think they turned out cute but it was a bigger undertaking than I had imagined. No wonder those things are so expensive! I aslo found some cute orange and pink boxes to use for the bridal shower prizes and Ethan is excited to play with his cousin Addison next month.
Saturday was my niece's graduation. I still can't figure out where the last 17 years went and how she can be old enough to graduate. It was a fun day (though the only graduation ceremony that can be considered exciting is your own) and we had a good time visiting with family at a barbeque afterwords.
I'm excited that tomorrow is a holiday and will be glad to have Jeff home from work for an extra day. Maybe I'll be nice and not put him to work around the house.... Enjoy your Memorial Day!




3 comments:
You have been busy. I love the picture of you holding the frog because I never would do that even with gloves. Thanks so much for the cookies and movies I really appreciate your friendship. I feel much better today maybe we can go the park or something soon!
I was not that brave in planting a big garden since I usually kill all the plant at our house, so this year I just planted 1 tomatoe plant and 1 hot pepper plant. We'll see if they survive
Garden?!?! Mine is still in the pots from the nursery on my back patio. Hopefully this weekend....I'm knocking on wood.
Post a Comment