
He was sound asleep, all buried in his blankets, so I took a few pictures and waited for him to wake up. I ended up waking him so we could pick Ethan up before noon and Kamden was NOT happy to be disturbed. I guess if you wake a sleeping baby, there's a price to be paid! But we made it through the morning and into the afternoon and both boys took naps when we got home.
While they were sleeping I cooked up a storm in the kitchen and made several different dishes to freeze and have on hand for the days I don't feel like cooking or don't get around to it. After we've actually eaten the meals, I'll let you know how it went and how the recipes stood up after being frozen. I'm sure they'll all turn out perfectly fine and I'm pretty excited to be so prepared, this is something I should've done just before my boys were born. I also made a list of other dinner options using things I have on hand so I still have the option of preparing things and won't use up all of the dishes I made too quickly. It was a stressful few hours of cooking and keeping things organized...you should've seen the kitchen! I think I used every bowl and pan in the house! Thank goodness Jeff got home at just the right time and helped clean up.
4 comments:
I used to cook food and freeze it for later use. My life is so different, tonight we had Cheetos & water for dinner as we were both too tired to cook anything.
Way to go! I did this maybe once before Mason was born but haven't done it since. I bet everything will turn out great!
Hey, this sounds like me kind of. I do one meal at a time. For instance if I make a meatloaf for dinner then I will make five and freeze four. If I fry hambuger then I fry about 7lbs. and freeze six into bags so that they are ready to go by cooking in the microwave for 2 min. Instead of making one lasagna I make 3. Enchilada's same thing. Try not to stress yourself out on one day. :)
I know, I kind of overdid it! But it's nice to know it's done and dinner's in the freezer!
Post a Comment