Wow, Sunday already! Let's see...on Friday we stayed busy cleaning the house and working on the yard. That morning, the boys and I met my friend, Diane, and two of her boys at the park by our house and played before going to Diane's neighbor's house. Suzy, Diane, and I got together back in February and started making these cute little stitcheries that Jeff's Aunt Susan had taught me how to make. Since then, Suzy has been going mad and stitching like crazy! I had to go see what I'd started and she had her entire dining room table covered in projects she'd completed. Her daughter's momma cat had just had a litter of kittens and they were so cute, part of me almost gave in and took one home! The boys just loved them and weren't as gentle with them as they should have been, especially Kamden, and I had to hurry and save one little baby that he'd picked up by the tail. Ethan kept telling me he wanted one, but we've decided we won't have pets until the boys are old enough and responsible enough to help take care of them.
Jeff made several trips to the city dump and got rid of the pile of rock, dirt, brush, and other miscellaneous 'stuff' we removed from the yard over the past few weeks. His brother, Brian, came and had dinner with us and their mom, Becky, got here a little later.
Saturday morning, Jeff's brother Wade came over and the three of them went to golf in a tournament that Jeff was helping to sponsor. Becky and I took the boys over and picked up Wade's wife, Lauren, and we went shopping for a dress that Becky could wear to Brian and Sierra's wedding in two months. After a successful shopping excursion we stopped for lunch and then headed for the zoo. On our way there, Ethan said that he didn't want to go to the zoo because the zoo is boring and he would rather go to the park. I asked him a few times, just to make sure that's what he wanted, and he really wanted to go to a park instead. I was SO thankful for that because I was worried about how the boys would handle the zoo without any naps. Before lunch, Ethan had a MAJOR tantrum right in the middle of a store. He's never acted that bad in public before and people were staring at us, it was pretty embarrassing and frustrating for me. All because I wouldn't buy him a little helicopter toy. Sometimes I feel like it would be so much easier just to give him his way and not have to listen to that, but I don't want to raise a spoiled or selfish child and I don't want to empty my bank account on 'stuff'. So I took Ethan and Kamden out to the car because Becky was in the dressing room and Lauren was in another part of the store, so thankfully they missed out on the whole episode. Thankfully, though, there was a kind woman getting into the car next to ours who helped me corral my children while I searched for my keys and unlocked the door. Ethan took off for the store, and she picked up the dropped sippy cups and waited for me to come back. Then she gave me an encouraging smile and told me I was doing great. It sure didn't feel like I was doing great, but I'm glad for the encouragment!
So, I was glad we didn't end up attempting a trip to the zoo and the park was a better idea since the boys could just run around and be outside without too many people around. Both boys were asleep by the time we got back to the house and Jeff, Wade, and Brian pulled in just behind us.
Last week, Wade started planning a surprise birthday party for Lauren and we had a barbeque at our house for her with her mom and their good friend, Luis. At 5 o'clock the doorbell rang and Wade had pulled off a successful surprise party because Lauren had no idea what was going on when her mom and Luis walked in! (Not to mention Lauren had fallen asleep on the couch just before 5 o'clock, so she was really surprised!) We had a fun time eating, watching Lauren (with the generous help of Ethan and Kamden) open her gifts, and we played a round of Pictionary.
This morning was Stake Conference and the boys didn't make it ten minutes before they were both out the door and in the halls. Afterword, we had lunch and Becky headed home an hour or so ago and Brian left sortly after. It was a busy but fun weekend!
Kamden was so happy to be at the park!
Happy Birthday, Lauren!



3 comments:
Your story's are always so cute it sounds like you had a fun weekend. I am not looking forward to tantrums a screaming baby is pretty embarrising as it is We are excited for Family Home Evening tomorrow.
Love those boys! Where's the park?
~Grammy
The park was by Wade & Lauren's apartment, but on the west side of Orchard Street.
Post a Comment