The weekend is almost gone and I'm wondering where it went. Here's some of what went on with our family:
On Friday night we dropped the boys off at my parents' house while Jeff and I went out to dinner with his brother Wade and his wife Lauren, their brother Brian and his fiance Sierra, and their cousin Michelle and her husband Matthew. It was nice to go out without the boys and they had fun playing with grammie and papa, though I think the boys kept my parents up past their bedtime!
Saturday was crazy-busy and none of us were feeling very well but we got a lot done. I cleaned out the closet in the dining room (but it seems like it never stays organized for very long), baked banana bread (that doesn't last very long either), prepared my lesson for Sunday (I procrastinated all week!), did laundry, and helped Jeff with his project. And I finally got the curtains in the TV room ironed and that's been needing done since I washed them a few weeks ago.
Here's what Jeff did all day:
Hooray! We have our railing up and I LOVE IT! Now we can put away the rubbermaid totes and the box fans that were serving as our makeshift railing for the past year!We got the materials to build it on Thursday and Jeff stained everything but the spindles (that's my project for this week, unless I have any volunteers?) And he spent ALL DAY working on it. He had to make a trip to Home Depot to exchange the spindles and get taller ones. The floors in our house aren't even since it's so old and he had to cut them all to lenghts that would fit. Then while he was trying to get them all lined up, one wrong move and the domino effect took place. They all fell down the stairs!(Several times) So he had quite the project on his hands. Jeff continues to amaze me with all of his Handyman skills and he's done a great job on all of the projects he's tackled around the house. Good job, Jeff!


1 comment:
The railing looks great! I'd say your hubby IS pretty handy around the house. Banana bread sounds delicious right now...or maybe some kind of cookie. You've inspired me.:)
Post a Comment