The first week of summer has flown by & has been full of trips to the park, bike rides, picnics, & even a trip to the movies.
One of our favorite parks here is Settlers. There is a free splash park that the boys love & I can sit nearby & read while I work on my nonexistent tan.
And, on Friday nights now through August 31st they show free movies at dusk! We are excited about that & look forward to taking the boys one of these weekends that aren't already filled with other things.
Our second weekend of summer was crazy, we got home from Utah on Tuesday, unpacked & did laundry, then repacked so that Jeff could take Ethan & Kamden to Declo for our niece, Addison's baptism. My niece & nephew, Kelsey & Logan, were both graduating from High School that same day in Oregon so Owen & I headed in the opposite direction. We carpooled with my parents & my younger brother & his wife, Charly.
It was an interesting ride complete with lots of tour-guide commentary, a detour for a bathroom break, naps, mom talking in her sleep, Owen throwing a royal fit because he didn't want to leave Isabelle's house, & Ryan having us sing songs in rounds.
We had a relaxing Sunday & on Monday I took the boys to the cheap theater to see The Lorax. It was cute & the boys liked it, & it only cost us $7 for all of us to get in...Owen is free until he's three so we've got a little over a month to take advantage of that.
I am loving summer...I didn't realize how much I'd missed my sleep during the school year & I'll tell you right now that my plans for getting up early even over the summer have already gone out the window. Even the boys are sleeping in despite going to bed around their regular time at night, sometimes getting up to greet the world after 9:00.
It's been awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment