We have had several incidents over the past few days...
It all began on Saturday when we went to our storage unit to get our things. Our push mower was in the way so we moved it outside, the handle was loose because we unscrewed it when it was loaded in the moving truck back in May.
Ethan decided he was going to help out by moving the mower...
Only he didn't realize the handle was loose...
When he went to move it, the handle fell, smashing his poor little fingers & causing him to scream & howl for a good 45 minutes. I'm sure the people who live around the storage sheds were wondering what on earth was going on.
Here is what his finger is looking like now...
He is a bit self-concious starting first grade with his finger looking like that, but I told him about the time the boy scouts squished my finger between the sandbox & the tire swing at my parents' house when I was his age, & that seemed to help a bit...
I discovered this beauty on my shoulder a few days ago...
Not sure exactly what it is from, but my guess would be a spider of some sorts. We have been cleaning up the yard & disposing of all the plants we have managed to kill off since Mr.Bob is stopping by for a visit on Tuesday to get his car. I'd like to think that whatever it was bit me while I was working outside instead of while I was sleeping or something. We have put spider traps around the house & also those things that plug in to make a sonar sound to keep mice, spiders, & bugs away. They seem to be working great but Jeff is still going to spray inside & out this weekend.
Last Saturday Jeff got stung when he was opening the umbrella on the patio set...
Yesterday Kamden got stung while we were watching the fish & frogs in the pond...
Here he is demonstrating what he would like to say to the bees & how he feels about being stung....
Just kidding!
He is showing his sting on his middle finger because he felt left out when I was taking a picture of Ethan's smooshed finger.
While we were looking at the fish & frog we found a dead bird floating in the water.
The second one in less than 2 weeks...
It's wierd & kinda gross, too.
Hopefully we can make it through a few days without any more incidents!
2 comments:
No wonder Ethan howled for 45 minutes--that must have HURT! Kamden, Daddy & Mommy's bee stings/spider bites are no fun either! Owie's "lotion photo" on FB is ADORABLE!
Goodness!
aww you poor babies! ((HUG))
i would be doing that same thing to the bees kamden! Darn those things!
holly, i have got to think about coming to visit now. seems kinda dangerous....
ok. i have thought it through, i think i will still come.
Post a Comment