Monday, August 29, 2011

Grandma & Grandpa Stoker Visit Orofino


On Wednesday evening we met Mark & Becky in Lewiston. Ethan had no idea who we were meeting, so when he realized we had parked next to Grandma & Grandpa, he was really excited. We had dinner & had to ask that the tv channel be changed because watching Dr.Oz demonstrate the in's & out's of the digestive system isn't exactly what I'd like to be looking at while I'm eating.
A few weeks ago we had to do the same thing at a pizza restaraunt here in town when Jeff & I took the boys to lunch. An R-rated movie was starting on the tv right by our table...not really what I'd expect to see in a "family-friendly" pizza joint.
Anyway.
Mark & Becky took Ethan & Kamden back to Orofino while Jeff, Owen, & I got groceries. Ethan was supposed to be their navigator but he got distracted playing Grandma's iPad.
They ended up having a little detour, but after a u-turn they made it to the house. 
On Thursday Ethan had school so Grandma & Grandpa joined him for lunch & got to see his classroom & the exercise balls the kids get to sit on instead of chairs. The dad of one of the kids is in school to become a physical thearapist & it's part of his research project to determine if it will improve the kids' core strength & posture.
Or, maybe it's to keep the kids occupied & not disrupt the class.
After school the boys & I took Grandma & Grandpa on a little tour of part of the town.
We showed them the schools, the hospital, the prison, & the mental institution.
Oh, and we showed them where the church is & took them to the bottom of Dworshak dam where Mark found some berry bushes.
When Jeff finished working we dropped off Ethan & Kamden so they could golf with Dad & Grandpa. While golfing, they found more berry bushes.
Friday morning Ethan & Kamden went berry-picking with Grandma & Grandpa up the road. Thankfully everyone returned alive & in one piece, as I am always worried about snakes & wild animals.
Not to mention that yesterday I learned that Fish & Game discovered a new cougar den on the other side of the mountain.
Something else for me to lose sleep over.
But the berries made some yummy milkshakes, so it was worth it.
Saturday morning Mark helped Jeff empty the rest of our stuff from the storage unit, then we all went to the Fish Hatchery before Mark & Becky left town.
Thanks for taking the time & making the effort to come all the way to Orofino & visit us!

1 comment:

Mark & Becky said...

Thank you for letting us come! We had a great time on the mtn.