Sunday morning Jeff & I were able to attend our old ward and it was so good to see everyone, even though it's only been several weeks.
The boys were still asleep when we left so they stayed with Grandpa & Grandma.
Jeff headed back to Orofino that afternoon and the boys & I went on a bikeride/walk with Grandma & Grandpa. When we got back we made two batches of rootbeer, something I remember doing every year. My dad's parents used to make it and have collected lots of glass bottles, even some empty beer bottles.
Here are a few from the ensamble:
Filling up the bottles:
Putting caps on the bottles with the bottle capper made by my grandpa:
The rootbeer has to sit for a few days, so the boys are full of anticipation and impatience waiting for it.
That evening Jeff called to let us know that his Grandpa had passed away. It was expected as his health was failing and he'd battled cancer for several years.
He was a great man and I know he was a great example to Jeff his entire life. I'm thankful to have known him for 8 years and grateful that our boys were able to have him in their lives, even for a short time.
He will be missed but he leaves behind a legacy that won't be forgotten.
I remember shortly after Kamden was born we were visiting and Grandpa bore his testimony that Sunday. He said that when he and Grandma got married, they had no idea what they were starting, but they'd sure started something good.
Grandpa Earl with Kamden Earl
July 2010
1 comment:
that's so very sweet holly. He is watching over all of you. sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment