Monday, June 13, 2011

It's A Small World, After All...

When Jeff & I were dating, I lived in a house with 5 other girls and one of those girls ended up marrying a boy from Orofino, Idaho. I had no idea where Orofino was and certainly no clue that I would ever be living there.
When we made the decision to move here it seemed like everyone we talked to either knew someone from here, had been here, or had a story about the area. It really is a small world.
Right before we moved I learned that the Relief Society President in Orofino actually grew up in Emmett and was good friends with my mother.
She shared these pictures with me from her wedding, that hot lady in the red is my mom. The blonde is the mother of my youngest brother's best friend and business partner, Joe.
These two pictures are of my grandmother. Doesn't she look thrilled to be getting her picture taken for the newspaper? Or maybe she was just super excited to be in the PTA...
And this is my grandma helping at the wedding my mom is at in the above pictures. I really like all of the ladies' dresses in this picture!
So it really is a small world. My sister-in-law also has an aunt and uncle that live here and the aunt's daughter-in-law is related to Joe's mom who is in the pictures with my mom...got that?
It's been fun to find out all of the connections, meet new people, and see these pictures of my mom and grandma!

1 comment:

charly said...

that is so crazy! i love the dresses.