Most of Us
Back Row: Hubby Jeff, Brother Jeff, Sis-in-Law Erin, Nephew Logan, Brother Ryan, Sis-in-Law Charly, Brother Eric
2nd Row: Holly, Niece Emily, Nephew Zachary, Niece Kelsey, Nephew Tanner
3rd Row: Sister Kristen with Niece Isabelle, Mom with Owen, Dad with Kamden and Ethan, Sis-in-Law Jessica with Nephew Dylan, Nephew Dominick
M.I.A.-Sister Shelly & Niece Kylie
Back Row: Hubby Jeff, Brother Jeff, Sis-in-Law Erin, Nephew Logan, Brother Ryan, Sis-in-Law Charly, Brother Eric
2nd Row: Holly, Niece Emily, Nephew Zachary, Niece Kelsey, Nephew Tanner
3rd Row: Sister Kristen with Niece Isabelle, Mom with Owen, Dad with Kamden and Ethan, Sis-in-Law Jessica with Nephew Dylan, Nephew Dominick
M.I.A.-Sister Shelly & Niece Kylie
I don't know.
So life has been crazy. My last post was about the cruise Jeff & I went on. The night before we left my Grandpa passed away. He had been having severe pain in his neck for several weeks and had x-rays and tests done. He also had been battling cancer for quite awhile and it was back. The nurse said she'd never seen anyone with a count that high and survive.
I saw him earlier that week and when I walked in the door, he had changed so much in the few days since I had last seen him. Several days later I visited again and he was heavily medicated and had been sleeping most of the day. We knew he wouldn't have much longer so I went home and talked with the boys so they would be prepared. Kamden said, "I know when Grandpa is going to die. In seven minutes."
So life has been crazy. My last post was about the cruise Jeff & I went on. The night before we left my Grandpa passed away. He had been having severe pain in his neck for several weeks and had x-rays and tests done. He also had been battling cancer for quite awhile and it was back. The nurse said she'd never seen anyone with a count that high and survive.
I saw him earlier that week and when I walked in the door, he had changed so much in the few days since I had last seen him. Several days later I visited again and he was heavily medicated and had been sleeping most of the day. We knew he wouldn't have much longer so I went home and talked with the boys so they would be prepared. Kamden said, "I know when Grandpa is going to die. In seven minutes."
Mom called about 2 hours later to let us know that he had passed away.
The next morning we went to visit and Kamden gave my mom a hug and said, "Grandpa Whiteley went to Heaven." She told him that was right and Kamden looked around for a minute and said, "He forgot his pillow."
Jeff and I left that afternoon and my brother and his wife came from Utah that evening, then my brother from Iowa and his wife came with their three boys the next morning. So it was hard leaving knowing that my entire family would be together for the first time in almost 2 years and I would be gone.
We got home late Friday night and the funeral was Saturday morning. I read memories that some of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren had written down. I just about didn't make it through and when I finished and walked down the stairs from the podium I about took a nose dive-I still felt really dizzy from being on the cruise ship and lost my balance on the way down the stairs.
The next morning we went to visit and Kamden gave my mom a hug and said, "Grandpa Whiteley went to Heaven." She told him that was right and Kamden looked around for a minute and said, "He forgot his pillow."
Jeff and I left that afternoon and my brother and his wife came from Utah that evening, then my brother from Iowa and his wife came with their three boys the next morning. So it was hard leaving knowing that my entire family would be together for the first time in almost 2 years and I would be gone.
We got home late Friday night and the funeral was Saturday morning. I read memories that some of his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren had written down. I just about didn't make it through and when I finished and walked down the stairs from the podium I about took a nose dive-I still felt really dizzy from being on the cruise ship and lost my balance on the way down the stairs.
After the funeral we spent the rest of the day at mom and dad's where we had dinner, celebrated my niece Isabelle's 4th birthday and my older brother Eric's birthday, and played a round of Pictionary. Sunday morning my brother and his family left for Iowa so it was a short and sweet visit for me, but it was good to see everyone!
Owen & Uncle Eric
The piano stylings of Mr. Zachary Lawrence
Tanner
Charly
Dylan
Dominick
Isabelle & Grandpa
Dominick & Ethan
Trouble.
Dylan, Ethan, Dominick, Isabelle, Tanner
The Boys' team-trying to dig their way out of a defeat at Pictionary.
The Girls' team-ready to celebrate our victory!
Kamden the Artist
Thanks for the memories, Grandpa, and for being a wonderful example. We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment