Last Friday Jeff had to work out of town and my sister lives about 40 minutes away from where he was working, so we packed up the car and the boys and I tagged along. We left Friday morning and didn't get very far when the traffic on the Interstate was backed up as far as we could see because of an accident. Jeff decided to go offroading and got us off the freeway so we could take a back road. We got back on the Interstate and soon came upon another accident involving two semi trucks but traffic started going pretty quickly. We dropped Jeff off at work and the boys and I drove to my sister's house. Owen and I went back to get Jeff after work and then we all stayed the night. There was a lot to do in the short time we had until we headed home Saturday morning.
There were golf clubs to swing...
Blocks to build with...
Baseballs to push around...
Cars to drive...
(In case you're wondering what happened to Owen's head, he decided to introduce himself to the sidewalk in front of our house as I was loading the car Friday morning...)
Yummy pancakes to eat...
(I think Owen ate at least 4 pancakes...)
Pizzas to make...
Friends to text...
And before we left town, Owen decided he had worn himself out with all of the playing and excitement. The roads were horrible on the way home and we passed 3 cars that had gone off the Interstate, but we made it home safe and sound. Thanks for the fun, Lawrences!
No comments:
Post a Comment