Monday, December 13, 2010

Projects

I've been a bit obssessive lately with some of my projects and trying to get them finished. Several months ago I started knitting baby hats with the intention of donating them to a hospital to give to newborns. When I had Owen we received a hat like these and I loved it. I have 23 done but got a little distracted trying to finish some other things. I'm hoping to get more done over the next few weeks and get them to the hospital before Christmas.
One of the other projects I've been working on are these little stitcheries to give as gifts. I just have some frames to paint and then they'll be done! We made a stitchery with a quote about teaching and a stocking cap like the ones above in the school colors for Ethan's teacher, he just loves her!
These next pictures are TOP SECRET (because they are Christmas gifts) and have been in the depths of my brain for the last few years...I finally took the time to put them together and I'm hoping the boys will like them. They are super hero capes with Batman on one side and Superman on the other. I used felt for the super hero signs so that they stayed in place as I sewed-I learned the hard way that the material I used for the capes wouldn't work for the signs...
 I just need to finish stitching their little masks to go with them...
This project has been a really special one and I just finished it today. A friend from High School and his wife lost their little 3 year old boy last month. She gave me several of his favorite shirts and I made them into a quilt for her.  
The back:
I've also made a few things for myself, like these flowers and pinwheels for my hair and to clip on my clothes. They are really easy and fun! I just forget to wear them most of the time...
When I had Owen, a friend made me a cover for my infant carseat so I wouldn't have to hassle with putting a blanket over the top. It was really handy! But, since Owen has long grown out of his tiny little carseat, I decided to convert the carseat cover into a cute apron for me! And who doesn't enjoy cooking and baking even more when they have a pretty apron to wear?!
This has been about 3 years in the making. I started this with a friend and we finished hers before she moved and I forgot the pieces in a closet and never got it completed. I decided I really needed to get it put up on the wall, especially with all of the papers and things Ethan is bringing home from school. (The green paper is his 'TOP DOG' award he earned for his good manners at school.) He drew a picture of our family but instead of 3 boys, there are 4. When I asked him who the extra one is he said it's his friend, Talvyn. They go to church and to school together. I was worried maybe Ethan knew something I don't, but thankfully that's not the case!
So this week I'll be tying up loose ends and getting everything (hopefully) done. If I can find the time, I have intentions of turning these ties into bowties for the boys...I'm not making any promises!

6 comments:

Kalia said...

I love your projects! The capes rock! You are so talented!

The Hobbs Family said...

Wow!! As if raising three boys wasn't enough, you have taken on enough crafts to fill a Super Saturday!! Good for you...LOVE the capes and apron. Very creative!!

Dana Williams said...

You are amazing! And that isn't all you are super talented. Holy cow! Cute that Ethan drew Talvyn. Talvyn usually leaves people out instead of added more. He is fickle like that. Great projects. You really need to be my friend and do projects with me. :-)

The Kelly Variety said...

Holy Moly, ALL of the projects are amazing!!! I want to see the bowties!

a harper girl said...

Wow,look at you! I think you need to make yourself a cape and be Super Woman!:)

charly said...

HOLY SPIT! everything looks so awesome! i love the blanket! :) wish i was as talented as you!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY