It's hard to believe it's been 4 years since Kamden joined our family, but it's impossible to imagine life without him. He is so funny and here are some of the things he's said lately that have made me laugh:
When we were riding in the car, Owen was being extra noisy. Kamden decided he'd had enough so he yelled "Stop! Stop it! You are going to make my brain fall out!"
Yesterday Ethan & Kamden were playing doctor and Kamden put on some winter gloves. Then he told me he needed to check my heart. He put his hand on my stomach and stood there for a minute, then said..."I think your heart is gone. It's not in there no more." He quickly moved on with the examination and asked to see my arm and told me "I need to cut the baby out of your arm." (Just so there is no confusion, there isn't a baby inside my arm or anywhere else.)
When he goes number 2 he yells until Jeff or I come help him (or Uncle Wade, but only at Uncle Wade's house:) Today he got off the toilet and asked if it was a big one...then he looked and said "Nope. It's not a big one. It looks like a dragon. That's because it's dragon poop."
About 2 weeks ago Kamden decided that the only thing he wanted to be called was "Babe". If I call him anything else he says "I'm not _____________, I'm BABE!" I have no idea where he came up with being called Babe. And a few days ago he decided he was "Birthday Babe" and if he gets in trouble he asks in a really sad voice "Am I still your Birthday Babe?"
Some fun facts about Kamden:
Out of 3 pregnancies, he is the only one I wasn't sick with. I only felt mildly nauseous for about 2 weeks but with the other two I practically lived on the couch and just about everything I ate came back up.
He loves animals and bugs. The other day we were raking leaves and I found a FAT worm. Kamden ran right over and picked it up and said "aw, it's so tute!" (cute) he can't wait for the day when mom and dad finally give in and get a dog for our family, but until then he enjoys playing with Grandpa Van Leuven's dog, Bear, Uncle Jeff's dog, Jackson, and Uncle Wade & Aunt Lauren's dog, Sadie. He also loves Aunt Shelly and Kelsey's cats, Princess Fionaand Ricky Bobby.
His favorite toys are dinosaurs and cars. He can play for hours on his own and be perfectly content. He has a creative imagination and some of the conversations I overhear him having with his toys are pretty hilarious.
Speaking if his imagination, Kamden is constantly telling me about the "dreams" he has. I don't think they are actually things he really dreamt about, but if we see a dog walking down the street, he will tell us "I had a dream about a dog one time... " and tell us all about the things the dog did in the dream. He comes up with some crazy adventures!
He doesn't like to eat meat unless it's chicken...so, every type of meat we eat is referred to as "chicken".
He is a good helper (even though it usually takes being asked several times) but he does a good job and most mornings he makes his bed on his own without being asked.
His first and true love (after his momma, of corse) is FOOD! He LOVES to eat! I can't think of anything that would be his favorite food, because he likes just about everything...when I ask him what his favorite food is, he whispered in my ear "Candy..."
One of his great talents is dancing. Ever since he was a baby he has loved music and has gotten really good at "shaking it".
His nickname is "Beast" and we don't call him that for nothin'. He really can be a beast sometimes, but we still love him and we are so thankful to have him in our family!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Beast you are the coolest beast on the block!
Happy Birthday little buddy! Can't wait to see you guys!
Post a Comment