Wednesday, November 3, 2010

29 Things You Probably Didn't (Or Maybe You Did) Know About My Husband...

 1. He is the 3rd of 6 boys...and his dad had a sweet 'stache.
2. He is the cutest freckle-faced redhead I know.
3. He once played the recorder for a family talent show.
 4. Back in the day, he was quite the soccer star.
5. One of his favorite sports to play and watch is football. He was a Quarterback in High School.
6. He tried his hand at the high jump, though if you ask him, he will tell you that track and field don't qualify as a sport...I beg to differ. 
 7. He used to play the trumpet.
 8. He met Mickey Mouse in the 90's, pulling off the popular fashion statement "Tube Socks With Sandals".
 9. He is an awesome basketball player and has enjoyed coaching the Young Men in our ward.
 10. He is an Eagle Scout.
 11. He likes to water ski, wake board, and knee board. Once he had the not-so-brilliant idea to knee board in a canal while someone pulled him behind a suburban on the bank. It didn't work out so well when he slammed into a bridge and ended up in the hospital.
12. In High School he earned quite a few awards in sports...here he received #1 male golfer.
 13. He graduated High School in 2000...his dad still had a sweet 'stache... 
14. After High School he worked on a sod farm with his good friend, Aaron...
 15. Look how cute he is with his curly hair...now everyone can know where Kamden gets it from!
16. He can grow a 'fro like no other white boy I know. He even has a resemblance to Dr. Seuss's charaters Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Go to fullsize image
 17. He served a 2 year mission in South Carolina.
 18. While on his mission he biked countless miles and had numerous adventures...
19. Like seeing the Oscar Mayer weiner mobile driving around South Carolina!
 20. And getting a horrible sunburn...
21. And, during the last few weeks of his mission, he was able to have his friend, Aaron, as his compaion:
22.Then he came home from his mission and met ME! Of course it was love at first sight and we were engaged 4 months later...
 
 23. 3 months after our engagement, we were married in Logan, Utah. The first thing he said to me when he saw me on our wedding day was "Nice dress."
24. On our honeymoon I somehow forgot any shoes except the ones I wore on our wedding day...Jeff let me wear his flip flops (which were way too big for my feet) all over Mexico until we found some to buy.
25. During our reception, his uncle and accomplisses decided to cover our vehicle in sandwich meat, peanut butter, and plastic wrap and then put it up on blocks...I was exhausted so we cleaned it enough to drive, then he dropped me off and he went to the car wash to take care of the mess in the cold November night. 
26. He was 23 when he became a Daddy...
27. He LOVES to golf...
 28. He is an excellent snake charmer:
29. Today is his 29th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JEFF! 

9 comments:

The Bitner's said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Holly I just love reading all of your blog updates you make them so fun and interesting and holy moly do your boys look a lot like his childhood picture!

The Hobbs Family said...

Happy Birthday Jeff!! Holly, what a great way to post all those things about Jeff :o) I learned a lot...and LOVED the afro picture!! Hang on to that one...

Mark & Becky said...

Great! You do a wonderful presentation. It brought back many memories for me.

Kay Jones said...

I've never met Jeff, but know that Holly has a good head on her shoulders, and would only make good choices. Enjoyed reading these things about Jeff.

Katyanne said...

first off craig can have a much better fro than that....and second my brother spencer can even have a a much better fro that craig :)

loved the post!!!!

and craig and I would agree with you Holly that track and field is TOO a sport!

Unknown said...

What a fun post! It was fun to learn some things about my cousin. I think I was at the recorder concert. :)

Campbell Family said...

fun facts about Jeff! Happy Birthday!I can't believe Owen is walking already.....that went by way too fast!

darlajean's dream said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
darlajean's dream said...

I Love this story of Jeff...You are SO creative Holly!!!
Thing one and Thing two are my favorite! Happy belated Birthday Jeff!
I love you both!