It all began with the picking of the perfect pumpkin from Grandma & Grandpa's garden. After cutting them open and digging out the "guts" (which Kamden thought was completley disgusing and only removed about 2 handfuls from his pumpkin) they were transformed into this:
Kamden's Triceratops
A picture of Owen, drawn by Ethan and carved by Mommy
Jeff's materpiece...the letter 'S'
Ethan's BRONCO pumpkin
As the assistant room mom for Ethan's Kindergarten class, I got to go help with their Halloween party. I think I was more excited to be able to see what Ethan does in school than he was for all of the treats!
Saturday morning we bundled up and headed to a corn maze. Luckily, we had two very capable guides to lead the way:
Owen also helped navigate:
I don't know about you, but I'd follow these guys anywhere...
We made it to the top of the bridge to cross into the other side of the maze. The boys were impressed with the free dinosaurs more than with the view...
Me & My Boys:
After the thrill of wandering around in a chilly corn field had worn off, we found our way out and headed for the bouncy slides and castles:
Owen didn't know what to think about the giant "corn box" at first, but after digging around for awhile he didn't want to get out...
Our next stop was the Petting Zoo, though none of the animals in there were as dangerous or ferocious as the ones I live with:
The Llama was the scariest thing Owen has apparently ever seen...he was NOT impressed and started screaming and trying to get as far away as possible.
Kamden, however, LOVED the entire thing but the miniature pony and the camel were his favorites:
Feeding the Guinea Pigs:
...and the sheep...
...which were obviously hillarious...
Then it was off to the swings for a ride, which Ethan was done with before they'd even gone around twice...but, he had to wait it out until the ride was over...
Owen waited patiently for his brothers, though I'm sure breaking through the fence crossed his mind a few times...
The Stoker Express:
Then it was time for a hayride through the pumpkin patch:
And Kamden makes a new friend on the way out to the parking lot:
Then it was time to go do some TRICKS and get some TREATS. This year we had another gorilla:
The gorilla displays his trick-or-treat bag made by Grandma
We also had a cute little cow:
This is what our cow does when we say "Touchdown!"
And we had a Jedi:
You'd never know his Jedi shirt was once a tablecloth-I learned that I can actually sew! And, I must say, that I made this without a pattern :)
Don't mess with him. He has the force and he's not afraid to use it...
We TRICKED and TREATED the evening away but all the excitment proved too much for our little cow. He fell asleep with his treat in his hand...
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
No comments:
Post a Comment