Last week Jeff went on a hike with the Young Men from our ward so the boys and I hit the road and headed for his brother & sister-in-law's house. The boys were really excited to stay with their cousins, but I wasn't really looking forward to the drive by myself with the boys. They actually did really good and we broke up the time in the car by making several stops along the way. I showed them where I went to college and where I lived and worked while I was there.
The most impressive thing, they decided, was the huge bridge we drove across and the "green river" down below.
We had to drive through a pretty bad rainstorm but we finally made it. The boys decided to go for a swim in Grandpa's pond...
and Ethan tried fishing but he didn't have much luck.
I did, though! I caught the biggest fish and we cooked him up for dinner.
The next day we went to the fair to see Braxton's sheep and all of the other animals.
The horse barn was a good place for Kamden.
Owen was NOT impressed by the gigantic pigs.
We didn't last long at the fair out in the hot weather, so we went to the pool and cooled off-until they kicked everyone out because it was starting to thunder.
Friday night I went to a Bridal Shower for our new sister-in-law and on Saturday morning we headed home. The drive back went alright but by then Owen was done being in a carseat and cried the last hour.
We are all glad to be home and tankful that Jeff didn't get eaten by a bear or fall down a cliff while hiking in the mountains.
3 comments:
Sounds Like you guys had alot of fun! I am glad Jeff Made it home safe to!
geez you busy bee! you are up to all sorts of fun. next time you should drive to Logan! :) ha ha! seriously though.
What a fun weekend!
Post a Comment