Friday, January 22, 2010

6 Months

How can it be possible? Owen is already 6 months old! He has gone from this:

To this:

Some of his accomplishments & milestones:
Rolling over from his back to his tummy-last Sunday he rolled over & got his feet under one of the chairs in front of us, he wasn't happy when he couldn't figure out how to get them out of there.
Eating solids-sometimes he makes the funniest faces, but now he's eating whatever he's given. I think this is part of his defense mechanism against his older brothers-that & the fact that he waited until he was 9lbs 3oz to come into this world.
He's said "Mama" several times-I know he doesn't know what he's saying, but this is the only coherent sound he's made.
He is now taking short little cat naps throughout the day but, if I'm lucky, I can get one good nap out of him which allows me to at least get something accomplished during the day. He's also been sleeping better at night-he's gone 8 hours several times in the last week!!!
He likes to:
Lay on the kitchen floor in front of the dishwasher & stare at the magnets that are on it while I do dishes or make dinner.
Sit in his high chair & play with toys while watching what's going on around him.
Be in front of the large windows so he can look outside.
Snuggle.
Play with his toes. He is constantly trying to get them in his mouth.
Stick out his tongue-this fascinates him, especially when he see's you doing it, too.
He likes having raspberries blown on his neck, this is a sure way to get him laughing.
He still loves the water-taking baths & showers-so we're excited to see what he thinks of swimming this summer.
He likes playing with his big brothers-when Owen is laying on the floor on his blanket, the boys drag him around. I've found him under the crib playing with toys & laying on my treadmill once. Don't worry, I've talked to Ethan & Kamden about this & explained that their baby brother is not a toy.
He has his fussy moments, but for the most part he is very happy & content. The past 6 months have just flown by, it's hard to believe that in 6 more months, he will be a year old!

No comments: