Friday, November 20, 2009

6 Years...


6 years ago my family and I drove to Logan, Utah where the next morning, Friday November 21st, I would become Mrs. Jeffrey Stoker. There wasn't a snowflake in sight when we pulled into town the night before the wedding but the next morning the ground was covered and it was still coming down. I'd spent part of the night in the hotel bathroom, sick to my stomach and vomiting, a severe case of nerves. But my nerves were forgotten as soon as we pulled up to the temple and I saw Jeff.

"Nice dress," was the first thing he said to me as he took my hand and we greeted the photographer. Our wedding pictures are a little deceiving because we hadn't actually been married yet-they were taken before the ceremony. I hadn't planned on the frigid Logan weather-I was in a short-sleeved gown and open-toed shoes. But, thankfully, I had the love of my husband-to-be to keep me warm. (Awww...) Plus, the fact that we were leaving in the morning on a Carribean cruise didn't hurt either, and thoughts of the tropical sun also kept the biting cold away.

The ceremony was beautiful as we were married and sealed as husband and wife for eternity. We were told to always hold hands and I don't forget to give Jeff a hard time when he goes too long without remembering to do what he was told.

So there we were, newlyweds. Did we have any idea what we were getting ourselves into? Absolutley not. Would I change the past 6 years? Not for the world.

2 comments:

Hodges Family said...

oh precious I hope you guys have a wonderful day!

Kalia said...

Congrats on 6 years! Time flies, doesn't it?!