Thursday, September 10, 2009

Blessed.

Labor Day weekend was a busy one, I can hardly believe it's already Thursday again.
Friday night Jeff's parents and his brother Brad came to stay with us and Saturday morning we all went to the dam. Jeff, Mark, and Brad all went boating with my dad while the boys and I hung out on the shore with Becky. The boys had a great time playing in the water:


That evening we had pizza and played games with Jeff's brother Brad, his parents, and his brothers Kelly and Tyler, and their wives and kids. And of course Kamden did a great job of showing everyone his favorite past time:
On Sunday we had Owen's baby blessing and we are so greatful for the love and support of our family and friends. We know it takes a lot of time and effort to get away for a weekend and we really appreciate those who traveled to be with us and everyone who came on Sunday.
I feel so incredibly blessed to be the mother of three boys and I am so thankful that they are all healthy. Sometimes I get comments about how active they are, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Even though it feels like I've done a million loads of muddy laundry this summer and can't keep the floors clean for ten minutes before there are footprints across them, I remember how greatful I am that they can be active and keep me busy...even if it's with laundry!
During one of my ultrasounds with Owen there were some concerns that he might be born with some health problems. We were asked if we wanted any testing done to find out for certain and if knowing would effect our decision to carry out the pregnancy. We knew, no matter what, that we wanted this child and would love him. Even though it was always there in the back of my mind that we could possibly have some struggles ahead of us, I knew that I was blessed to be carrying this child. I'm so thankful that he's here, healthy, strong, and growing. Owen has truly been a blessing in our home and, even though the last 7 weeks have already flown by and I wish he'd stay little longer, I know he's going to have some fun adventures with his brothers. And I can't tell you how happy that makes me.
The blanket was mine when I was a baby and has been used on each of our sons' blessing days. They've also all worn the same outfit.You can see more cute pictures of him here.

The Stoker Clan:


We spent the afternoon eating (enjoying the corn from my dad's garden) and watching (while dodging the ball) a game of:

Monday was spent with Tyler, Jolynne, and their kids. We went to lunch before going to a park:


and a nature center where we saw lots of big fish:

Ethan started preschool this week, he's been asking for over a month if he can go to school but last year it didn't go very well and he only went for about 4 weeks. This year we are doing a little group of about 9 kids where the moms all take turns teaching. We also get to go on some fun field trips, so we're pretty excited!

On Wednesday I took the boys to a park we hadn't ever been to, we're deffinatley going to have to go back!






We watched this guy fly a cool kite-I've never seen anything like this before. He had a type of harness around his waist and would move the kite with his body while it was up in the air.

The boys got to be:

There were also lots of big things to make music on:


It's been another busy week in our lives but I wouldn't want it any other way. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Hodges Family said...

You guys are the best thanks for always letting us be apart of your fmaily! We love that park to we will have to go before it gets to cold!

Campbell Family said...

You got some great pictures! It was neat seeing your little guy blessed. So glad he is here and healthy. You have three very handsome little boys. We are also excited for preschool. Haylee had been asking for about a month too. and now its finally underway!