
July 21st-I woke up on my due date still pregnant...that's never happened to me before and I had no idea how depressing it would be. Thankfully I didn't have much longer to go because the next day I went to the doctor and she sent us to walk around the mall, eat Thai food, and see if I couldn't get some regular contractions going. About 2 1/2 hours after leaving the doctors office we were next door at the hospital waiting to see if they'd admit me or send me home.

Thankfully they kept me. It took awhile to get some regular contractions going but after starting Pitocin things really got rolling. I decided to have an epidural after having Kamden without but everything was happening so fast there was barely time and then she had to redo it because of hitting some blood vessels so that was real fun. But it was worth it! Out of all 3, this was my easiest labor, delivery, and recovery...even though he was our biggest baby.

Owen spent some time getting aquainted with his big brothers that evening before he was visited by aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, and friends during our stay at the hospital.

I couldn't believe it when they put him on the scale and it said 9pounds 3ounces...Ethan was 7lbs. 11oz. and Kamden was 7lbs. 12oz. so we were pretty shocked to find out how big he was.

His bloodsugar was low when he was born but we were told that's common in bigger babies so they monitored it and he wasn't able to maintain a high enough level so they took him to the NICU late Wednesday night. When we went to feed him and saw all those teeny tiny babies it made me very greatful for the extra pounds Owen was blessed with.

He was finally able to come back to my room around 1pm Thursday but we had to stay another night so they could continue to monitor him but he did a great job and we were finally able to come home Friday afternoon.

So far he's been a very content baby and has made adding him to our family an easier transition than I'd expected. Ethan and Kamden are enjoying being big brothers though Kamden only seems interested in Owen when Ethan is holding him and sometimes they're a little too helpful:)
We're so glad he's finally here!
7 comments:
I'm so glad he came so easily. Way to go, you tough momma!
CONGRATS! Hes such a handsome little guy! Glad everything went smoothly!
Cute little baby. I thought Talvyn was big at 9 lbs. Holy cow! You were so little where did you keep him? Let us know if you need anything. Congrats, he is adorable!
What a cute little boy. I love his cheeks! Congratulations.
Congrats!!! He's awesome, and looks a couple months old already!! Way to bake him!!! Juicy and plump!!! Love, Kalia
Holly, congrats and good work!I know it must have been such hard work but he's so cute and I'm sure your just love him to death. It's been so fun to read about your fun family, I love your blog.
Oh he is so precious...and born on my birthday...how perfect. Now I'll never forget it. Oh, and yes, we ARE going to the reunion. Didn't know you guys were, so now I am SO excited!! It's a tragedy that we haven't met yet, so how fun that we finally will. Be safe.
Post a Comment