Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

I don't know why Cinco de Mayo is celebrated, but I figured it's a good reason to invite some friends over and eat lots of Mexican food, so that's just what we did. The kids had fun hitting the pinata and playing, and I enjoyed the good company and yummy food!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Fun! We actually looked it up because I remembered hearing it was Mexican Independence day, but then one of our students from Mexico telling me we had it all wrong. Apparently it honors a victory over France long long ago in the State of Puebla, but it is more widely celebrated in the US than Mexico. Crazy, huh?! I agree with you though, just a really nice excuse to throw a party and have some Mexican food!!

Kalia said...

Cool, you guys are great at celebrating! We need to get on it! We miss too many holidays!!

Hodges Family said...

We had lots of fun and enjoyed all the yummy food! I don't know the next holiday we get to celebrate but I am sure there is one!