Friday, May 1, 2009

Catching Up

We've had a pretty crazy week full of yardwork-planting flowers and fencing in the backyard; Ethan puking last Wednesday and Thursday resulting in a canceled trip to the zoo and a very unhappy 4-year-old; then Jeff got sick this Wednesday and another trip to the zoo was canceled...but we finally made it there today-along with the bazillion schools that were there on field trips; Ethan had his last soccer game; the sale of the Insurance Agency was finalized; we found out Jeff got the job he interviewed for last week (hooray! And no, we aren't moving:) cleaned out closets and decluttered; took the boys grocery shopping with me where Kamden fell out of the cart and landed on his head; had a dr appointment and started making a list of things we need for the baby-I can't wait to start shopping! Now, if only we could agree on a name...


I took the kids through the drive-through at McDonalds this week and Ethan requested a Happy Meal. This is what I heard from the backseat: "One for Kamden, and one for the soccer star."
Ethan's cheering section:

Grandma & Grandpa VanLeuven, Grandma Stoker, Uncle Wade, Aunt Lauren, Uncle Brian, Aunt Sierra, Uncle Jeff, Aunt Erin, Uncle Ryan, & Charly, Kylie, & Kelsey all made it to Ethan's final game to cheer him on, then came over for banana splits. Thanks also to Aunt Shelly, Brody, Callie, and Elisa for coming to his other games! Ethan was so funny, he was more concerned about making sure his family and friends were watching him than where the soccer ball was. He'd run up and down and all around the field without any clue or care as to where the ball was.


Our fence in the works:


Thanks for your help, dad!

And the finished project (we still have some painting to do):

See how well it works to contain the beasts?

And some pics of our trip to the zoo...

4 comments:

Hodges Family said...

Love the Fence! I drove past today to check it out! I think it is really cute!

Kalia said...

Wow, you guys sure have been busy!! We almost have a home, and we're getting a small taste of how busy you have to/get to be having one! I'm so excited!! And I'm excited for Atley to play soccer someday!! Your kids are so cute, and they say the darndest things!!

shannon said...

Congrats on selling the business! Where did Jeff get a job?...not moving to WY- BOO! Can he get John one in that area?
Ethans comments always crack me up...I love the soccor star comment.

Campbell Family said...

Busy week! That is awesome that you have a fence now! Wish we could have come to one of ethans soccer games....but t-ball is coming up right? Thanks so much for coming to the recital. That meant a lot to Haylee!