Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ethan-isms...


Last week we passed a lot of sheep in a field and Ethan said it looked like there were 100 baby sheep out there. Then he asked if we could have that many babies...I asked him who would take care of them and he readily volunteered. Then I asked if he knew how long it would take to feed a hundred babies and he said he would do it by putting them one at a time in the high chair. I asked him where they would all sleep and he said some could sleep in his room...even with such a willing attitude, he still hasn't convinced me that 100 babies is a good idea.

While shopping, we passed a display of baby dresses. Ethan pointed to them and asked "Is that for a boy or a girl?" I told him they were for girls and he asked when he was going to get a sister...I told him "I just don't think that's going to happen."
"Well," he replied, "maybe next time you go to the doctor, you can tell her we want a sister."

Jeff took Ethan to the doctor and while they were waiting for him to bring Ethan's medicine (the ear infection from a few weeks ago is back and worse) a nurse came in to get a machine. She opened the door and said, "I'm going to steal this," and took the machine. Ethan looked at Jeff and said "She can't steal that, she didn't ask."

"My ear hurts, mom. It hurts clear down to my leg."

While watching The Lion King, Ethan was pretty taken with the monkey Raffiki's name...he even suggested that we name the baby 'Raffiki Stoker'.

I was wearing a silky-feeling shirt the other day and Kamden kept rubbing it. While I was folding laundry on the bed, Kamden stood up on the bed and he started rubbing the 'chest-area' of my shirt and asked "What's that?"
"My shirt," I was really hoping that's what he meant, he's still a bit young for the birds-and-bees talk...
"No, what's that?" he was poking now so I answered in the most innocent way I could come up with.
"That's my chest."
Ethan was also on the bed and had observed the entire conversation. His reply...
"I wish I had a chest."

5 comments:

Kalia said...

Ha Ha!!! Don't you just love these little guys! Makes up for the towel-type incidents a bit, doesn't it?! It's what makes motherhood joyful (or sometimes at least bearable!)!

Hodges Family said...

Sorry the Ear Infection is Back. Poor Little Guy I hope he feels better soon!

brianandsierra said...

Haha i love hearing all the things Ethan says!! I think he is going to be one smart cookie

Mimi Crisenberry said...

I think this might be my first time posting something on here, but I had loved reading what you have posted, and I think this posting has been my favorite :). I am laughing out loud at the funniest things that your kids have said. I need to be better about writing down what my 2 year old says, they are hilarious. I just love the chest one, too much! Hope you guys are doing well!

Di Cluff said...

Maybe Raffiki Stoker will have a chest.