My day started when Ethan crawled into bed asking "Mom, when are you gonna wake up?" My reply was "How can it be morning so fast?"
I didn't expect an answer, I was mostly complaining and not wanting to leave the comfort of my bed, so I was surprised when Ethan replied "Because Jesus made it that way." He then got a stern look on his face and started shaking his index finger while continuing in a mean voice-"Heavenly Father said 'Jesus, you make the morning come fast'."
I reluctantly rolled out of bed while Ethan was giving his explaination of how things went down when sunrises and mornings were created but I crinkled my brow and said "Heavenly Father probably spoke nicely to Jesus, don't you think?"
Ethan nodded and said "Yeah, probably." And moved on to more pressing matters like when was I going to get him breakfast and that he wanted to watch cartoons.
So Ethan watched Curious George and ate while I made Jeff's lunch and sent him off to work. Kamden decided to join the land of the living not long after and he, as always, was ready to eat. I started to get him dressed but only got as far as changing his diaper and taking off his pajama bottoms before he was off and running.
The drywall-texture-guy (is there a more technical name for that occupation?) finished the few spots upstairs (Brian, I'm sad to say that the 'sky light' you added to Ethan's room is officially covered with sheetrock, texture, and paint and hopefully nobody's knee will be going through the ceiling anytime soon:) so I got out the gallon of paint, a roller, and a brush and set to work. Have you ever tried painting anything with two kids under the age of four? There is no distracting them, no matter what form of bribary you attempt. All they are interested in is the paint and 'helping'. I let Ethan help with the corners and did a pretty good job of keeping Kamden out of the paint. There are only two small spots on the carpet and I got them cleaned up enough so that it's not too noticable.
I think it was after 11 by the time I finally got a shower and Ethan decided that would be a good time to get out a new bag of potato chips and share them with his brother. They were E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E. Smashed into the carpet in my bedroom.
Oh, and going back to the fact that Kamden didn't have any pants on, only a diaper. Two-year-olds find it pretty amusing to rip their diaper off and mark their territory. Enough said.
So that was basically my day and we somehow managed to get both boys showered and fully dressed, drop off papers to the realtor, get the oil changed in the car, did two loads of laundry, and made a trip to the Library. It's now 3:30 and the beasts, I mean boys, will be up from their naps soon. You never really appreciate the sound of silence until after you've become a mother...
5 comments:
Geez Louise! I've been frustrated lately with my lot, so it's good to have perspective by hearing other stories! There are hard/long days everywhere! You got a lot accomplished, so that's good! And you seem to have appreciated the little beautiful moments throughout the day, so kudos to you! I loved the conversation you had with Ethan, awesome!
Wow you had a very productive day you should have sent the boys over while you painted seriously Elisa loves playing with them you need to drop them off more! Where did Kamden mark his territory! just for future refrence!
Holly - you're the best!
gotta love these motherhood moments! and remember they are JUST moments!
Man, that sounds a lot like my days but you have twice the fun with 2 boys! I use picnik online to edit my photos. I really like it, hope you do too!
I'm glad I'm not the only one with days like these...only I don't get half as much accomplished and usually when my girls go down for a nap on days like these I join them :)
Post a Comment