Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Babysitting 101

I have a confession to make. Ethan will be four in December and we have never hired a babysitter for either of our children. When we go out without the kids, they are left in the capable (and appreciated!) hands of family members. However, I sometimes can't escape the guilty feeling that perhaps I'm taking advantage-despite their claims that I'm not and that they love having the boys-or that I might be interrupting others' plans by adding my children to their evening while Jeff and I go out. I've wondered for awhile what the rules/expectations are for paying the sitter among other things. I came across this blog where there is a series on 'What Babysitters Wish We Knew' and found it really helpful and just wanted to share, in case you're in the same "We-need-to-get-home-and-get-the-kids-before-they-wear-out-their-welcome" stage and find yourself ditching your evening plans and hurrying home after dinner.

1 comment:

shannon said...

I'm going to leave all my thoughts now...This was great thanks. We don't use a baby sitter very much since my mom is close to, but this is good for those few times we've needed it.