Yesterday the boys and I went and checked out the garden to see what kind of progress it was making. Since we planted it we have only weeded it once so I wasn't sure what to expect. (I've been busy raising kids and haven't put much effort into raising the vegetables!) Luckily, despite the jungle of weeds, there are still fruits and vegetables growing and we'll have a nice harvest from our little garden. Ethan was excited to see the tiny green tomatoes and the pumpkin plant that has taken over the garden. He was amazed that the corn is taller than he is and can't wait to eat the watermelon.
I've never been terribly talented when it comes to growing anything or keeping plants alive but I guess the seeds know what to do, even if they depend on rainwater to keep them growing because someone forgets to water them. I also can't believe how my boys have grown, though I hopefully do a better job of nurturing them than I did the garden!



2 comments:
I love the cute picture of the boys they are cute!
Holly, you grow wonderful boys! They are better than corn and cantalope any day!
Post a Comment