Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Recap


This weekend was so much fun, I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep! Callie picked me up on Friday and we drove up for a Relief Society Retreat for our Stake. Jeff stayed home with the boys and did a great job entertaining them, he even took them on a bikeride all the way to my parents' house on Friday evening and to lunch at McDonalds on Saturday.
Callie and I registered for classes when we got to the camp and then found a cabin to sleep in-though not much sleeping went on because the sign on the cabin we stayed in said 'Sleep in this cabin if you don't care if you sleep at all'. I think I got maybe 3 1/2 hours of sleep before we had to get up for breakfast.
After dinner on Friday everyone was divided into large groups to play games (where my unknown obsession with Hillary Duff was brought out) and Callie and Diane were great models during our fashion show. Then we broke off into smaller groups and we stayed up playing games and then talking with the 4 other women in our cabin. It was so much fun to get to know other women that I wouldn't normally have the opportunity to and I laughed so much that my stomach hurt. Callie said it felt like we were back at Girls Camp and it really did.
There was a nature hike at 6:45 Saturday morning and I had planned to go on that but I slept right through it and didn't wake up until someone came in and said breakfast was being served. Classes started at 9 and went until noon followed by a speaker and then lunch. Callie and I were anxious to get home and hear how our husbands survived without us and, thankfully, everyone was alive and well. I even took a short nap when I got home because I could hardly keep my eyes open.
Today we celebrated my baby brother Jeff's birthday at my parents' house and played games and had cake after dinner. I can't believe he's going to be 21 this week.


Thanks for the great pictures, Diane!

8 comments:

Hodges Family said...

I am feeling lonely with out you I am glad that you made me go I had alot of fun it was good to get away! Thanks for not putting up the lovely video!

Hodges Family said...

Hi it is me again I just wanted to tell you that I was talking to my sister on the phone today and she told me she wished she was as cute as you she loves Your hair!

Hodges Family said...

We would love to come for a bbq what can I bring a salad desert something a dip let me know I don't like to come empty handed oh and I am mad at you because I could have watched your boys all day while you ran around you are in trouble I was going to call you and ask if I could take them this week so you could find a dress and you already found one! I want to see them

Hodges Family said...

I also like conversing over blogger as if we don't have phones that we could just call I will bring a potato or pasta sald of some sort let me know if you want me to bring anything else! We hopefully get to move this weekend too!!

Joe, Becky, Logan(Fox) and Trigger Green said...

I knew I should have gone to the Relief Society thing. I am a wimp and was totally stressed about leaving Logan. It looks like it was a lot of fun. If they do it again next year I will for sure have to go.
By the way, I did get my hair cut. I love not having long hair. I am excited for it to grow out a little so i can at least pull it back. but it was definitely the right move.

Di Cluff said...

The retreat was great fun, wasn't it. Next year I won't be sick and I plan on staying in the "Don't Care If You Get Any sleep" cabin.

Di Cluff said...

The retreat was great fun, wasn't it. Next year I won't be sick and I plan on staying in the "Don't Care If You Get Any sleep" cabin.

Di Cluff said...

The retreat was great fun, wasn't it. Next year I won't be sick and I plan on staying in the "Don't Care If You Get Any sleep" cabin.