Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Jeff!


Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband! He is such a great dad to our two little boys and a big help to me. We didn't do much to prepare ourselves for the role of parenthood but then, what can you do? I think having children is something you can't fully understand until you actually become a parent and it's been a learning experience for both of us. I've enjoyed watching Jeff take on the role of 'Father' and he has done that with love, patience, and understanding. He jumped right in and changed diapers, gave baths, and got up for 3am feedings. Ethan and Kamden are blessed to have such a loving daddy and they look up to him so much. Their eyes light up when he pulls in the driveway after work and I love the sound of their tiny feet running across the floor to meet him when he walks in. Ethan said that he loves his daddy because he takes him golfing and watches football, basketball, golf, and baseball with him-I hope they always enjoy doing things together. Kamden is a complete 'Daddy's Boy' and sometimes it's hard to watch him run to Jeff when he gets hurt instead of coming to me but I'm thankful that Jeff is so involved in our kids' lives and grateful for the example he is to them.
Happy Father's Day, Jeff. I love you!

No comments: