
1.He's a great dad. Ethan and Kamden look up to their daddy so much and love spending time with him. Ethan wakes up in the morning and if Jeff has already gone to work, it's a few hours before he stops asking when Dad will be home. When Jeff pulls in the driveway I say "Daddy's home!" and the boys get so excited and run for the door.
2.He's an amazing handyman. I've said it before, but he's done such a great job on the house. I can't believe the things he's accomplished and the projects he's taken on without complaining. He's tackled these projects with a willing attitude and has enjoyed learning so many different skills.
3. He's supportive and encouraging. Weather it's a church calling, aches and pains of pregnancy, stress of living in a construction site, or I've just had 'one of those days' Jeff is always there to listen and give me the support and encouragment that I need.
4. He's awesome around the house. If I've had a stressful day and haven't made dinner, Jeff doesn't complain. He jumps right in and either takes the boys while I make dinner or he comes up with something. If there are dishes in the sink or the dishwasher needs emptied he gets it done. I don't know how many toilets he's cleaned or diapers he has changed, but he does it willingly in an effort to make things easier for me and I love him so much for that!
5. He works hard for us and wants the best for our family. I remember the days of waking up every morning and having to go to work. When I was expecting Ethan, I made a count-down of days I had left until I could quit my job, I couldn't wait. Jeff gets up every morning and goes to work and, though some days are better than others, he goes with a good attitude and works hard so I can stay home with our boys. (Though some days I admit I wouldn't mind having it the other way around!) I'm so thankful he makes it possible for me to be here with Ethan and Kamden and he *rarely* complains! :)
~Bonus~ Other things I love and appreciate about him are: his sense of humor, his red hair, his love for our extended families, his desire to serve others, knowing he'd spoil me rotten if he could, always being himself.
I'm very blessed to have such a wonderful man as my husband and can't wait for the next 5 years we spend together.
3 comments:
You have one awesome husband! Even though you made him boring! ;) Just kidding! You guys are awesome!!!
Congratulations to both of you! You an Jeff make the best family, I'm so glad we can say we know you.
Brian, I didn't make him BORING, I just was more interesting than golf. While we were dating, anyway. :)
Post a Comment